The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

What a "Pile O Junk"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

What a "Pile O Junk" Empty
PostSubject: What a "Pile O Junk"   What a "Pile O Junk" Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:44 am

Lately, I have bought and sold a couple of these semi newer tractors to make a bit of extra cash......late 80s-mid 90s stuff...The Roper was one, now I picked up a White (MTD}....18hp B&S twin, 46 in deck........The engine seems fine but the deck makes an awful squealing noise when engage.....I have looked at all the sealed bearings in there, peeled back the seal and filled with grease, but it continues to make this squealing sound, almost like something rubbing. I can't see anything rubbing, as it would leave a shiney spot.......I don't feel like replacing all these bearings, figured grease would at least quite them down enough, so I could figure out what to relpace.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: What a "Pile O Junk"   What a "Pile O Junk" Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:45 am

its not the belt squelin?
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: What a "Pile O Junk"   What a "Pile O Junk" Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 10:27 am

Yea poncho on MTD stuff you pretty much have to change the whole spindle to fix anything.Have you tried something really thin like WD-40.liquid wrench to try to see if it quites down,it's not a permanent fix but it would let you know where it's coming from.Grease may be to thick to get down into anything. KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: What a "Pile O Junk"   What a "Pile O Junk" Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 10:43 am

I replaced all 8 bearings yesterday, has 3 spindles and a separate center pulley.........did the trick. Hopefully, I can get my money back out of this thing............lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a "Pile O Junk"   What a "Pile O Junk" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a "Pile O Junk"
Page 1 of 1