The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Picked up my rototiller the other day

Go down 
+2
johnboggs21
Evan(PA)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Picked up my rototiller the other day Empty
PostSubject: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:28 pm

Got me a new used rototiller to do some damage with! lol!
This one was owned by a relative. Its a 1978 JC Penney 5 horse front tine tiller with reverse. It runs and tills real nice, except for when I lost a clevis pin and the tines on the one side fell off. lol! But that is fixed now and I will be back to gardening this weekend hopefully. Here's a few pics of it. And as an added bonus, they even found the original owner's manual for me. There's a statement in the manual that says if you need technical assistance or repairs to contact your local JC Penney store....do you think they would be able to help me out??? lol!

Picked up my rototiller the other day IMG_1376

Picked up my rototiller the other day IMG_1377

Picked up my rototiller the other day IMG_1379
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:31 pm

Looks good. Pics are a little on the big side though lol!

I had a little wizard that i got for free. I robbed the engine for something else, now im tempted to put a motor on it and make it work on a sleeve hitch.

What are ya doin to that poor Motomower back there?? lol!

Last edited by johnboggs21 on Fri 15 May 2009, 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:35 pm

Nice tiller, looks heavy duty compared to the wizard front tine tiller I bought, its in a nice deep closet right now. lol!

Just imagine, you were fixing that tiller only yesterday, did you level the Case deck yet? Oh wait, that's this weekend. lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:38 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Nice tiller, looks heavy duty compared to the wizard front tine tiller I bought, its in a nice deep closet right now. lol!

Just imagine, you were fixing that tiller only yesterday, did you level the Case deck yet? Oh wait, that's this weekend. lol!

Yeah this thing seems pretty heavy duty compared to some front tine tillers. I'll get to that Case deck someday. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 10:39 pm

really clean looking evan,doesn't looked to have been used much Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 10:06 am

Evan it looks new.
Rather than calling Pennies...try wheeling it in the store after tilling with it & see if you can get it serviced....LOL
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 11:18 am

looks good evan
But the ancient wizard front tine tiller I gave to my brother is even heavier than that JC penny,
The ones these other guys had must be newer wizrds
They just dont make things like they used to. The newer tillers are weak. Unless you spend a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 4:08 pm

Rollerman wrote:
Evan it looks new.
Rather than calling Pennies...try wheeling it in the store after tilling with it & see if you can get it serviced....LOL

That would be great! lol!

I can see the looks on their faces now, and I don't think it would go over real well! lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 4:10 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
looks good evan
But the ancient wizard front tine tiller I gave to my brother is even heavier than that JC penny,
The ones these other guys had must be newer wizrds
They just dont make things like they used to. The newer tillers are weak. Unless you spend a lot of money.

Yeah I have to agree with you on these newer tillers being weaker than the old ones...just like the new garden tractors. This thing seems pretty heavy duty, but I am sure there are other ones out there that are even heavier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my rototiller the other day   Picked up my rototiller the other day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up my rototiller the other day
Page 1 of 1