The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Bantam Build

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Bantam Build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

kent wrote:
the paint looks good in the picture. BTW I wanted to thank you for putting this site together. I really enjoy spending time on it.

motomow.com has actually been going a while kent,this forum a while to it just got messed up , still had good guy's in it,it just slowly died out,hopefully will come back it'll take a while but sure it will. papaw came in today he is another great guy to talk to Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

I'm going to look at a panzer for $375.00 and a power king for $400.00. The panzer ran when it was stored in a barn 2 years ago. The power king runs but carb leaks. Any openions on the 2?
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Never had a panzer but would love one!! As for the powerkings tough tough tractors as close to a real farm tractor as you can get in a Garden tractor.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

if they are complete both are pretty good buy's kent.I'm like larry always wanted a panzer got a power king of course i love mine carb leaking is not a big deal if it runs and doesn't smoke as in blue it's a good buy .I have never touched the punkin mechanically probably had it 5 years now.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

Saturday I'm going to take a drive down there. The first one is about a 2 hour drive. the second one is about a hour from there then 2 hour drive back. I'l take my 20 foot trailer and do it all in one trip. I will post pictures when I bring them home. We found a dog today that some one abondoned in some ones car. We have been on the run taking her to the vet. she was in rough shape. Dehydrated.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:13 am

Yeah take care of the dog first!! some people suck I hope its OK
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:54 am

There is a problem with people getting pit bulls and training them to be mean in this area. They will dump them or kill them if they can't get them to fight. This one is really small and non agressive. She only weighs 50 pounds at a year and a half. She has a bunch of scars on her head. and her fur is very thin fro, malnutrician. She is terrified of men. You can tel she was abused. She won't leave my daughters side.

Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2610
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2611
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

i tell ya kent i can't stand it when people mistreat animals my wife would fight someone if she caught them hurting a animal.We've got 4 cats because of people dumping them and our dog to was dumped , some little girls brought her to us.You are a good guy my friend not to many around that gives a crap about anything anymore but themselves.Our dog is one of the smartest animasls i've ever seen not just saying it because she's mine she just really is.knows probably 20 toys by name puts them away and will go get the one you asked for,when it storms she goes and gets in the tub lol .The idiot that dumped her could have had a real fun life just being around her but he probably doesn't even like himself and i know I wouldn't like him!.I just never figured out people that would abuse anything for fun other than they are evil.Again you are a good guy my level of respect for you is at the top
! Makes me have a little hope when you hear stories like this KW
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 5:54 pm

We are really involved with pit bull rescue because the shelters in Ohio kill all that go in no matter what. I use to thank they were bad dogs, untill we ended up with one on accident. I reallized that they are great dogs. Very easy to train because they love to please there owners. So you can make the agressive. To do this they use abussive training techniques. That thing that peaple say. It's not the dog, it's how they are raised. Is true. We have 3 of them and I wouldn't be afraid to leave them in a room full of 2 year kids. I wouldn't have a problem kicking someones but for abusing a animal. We had a chiwawa a couple weeks a go that the owner covered it in lighter fluid and set it on fire trying to kill it. His way of getting rid of it. It is the sweetest dog you could imagine. You wouldn't believe how many people wanted the dog when they heard what happened. Sorry to go off on a rant. I know I should be talking about tractors. I am planing on going to look at the panzer tomorrow. Maybe the power king if I can get ahold of the guy.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

we talk about whatever we want here don't worry about it.My daughter has a pitbull real sweet dog.A couple of guy's live on my street has them and you can tell they have them for one reason i'm a bad a$$ redneck with a pitbull real impressive not!! how could you set a dog on fire and watch it burn really glad i'm the way i am.I think you pay for being evil.ok ok i'm pullin for you gettin the power king just drop the panzer off at my house on your way home lol
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

How important is it for me to paint the tractors the original Colors.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 11:28 pm

the bantam i would put back the rest i don't know man,I've got a lot of slack over the years,as you can see my tractors are hardly ever original.I just can't stand not putting my own stamp on it.I've always said garden tractors are not 57 vettes,tractors were done the way they were to be made to work not show,if they thought of them that way and they thought your normal joe would pay more for extra's they would have had a lot of chrome and some fins lol.If you are worried about value especially if your selling then you go original to satisfy the original nuts (which trust me more want original) I look at it to my liking never cared of what it's worth thats why i'm not brand specific,i've pretty much owned them all and still don't prefer one brand over another.Bantam's,copar panzer's I myself would put back,most other things i do what i want,i do usually stick to the kinda close shade colors tho,like the punkin is orange but way way more brighter than power king's reddish orange,i just didn't like that color man i ramble a lot on here lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 11:57 pm

I do alot of cars stock every part but they are the cars that are worth big bucks as for tractors they are my toys I do them for fun. I have done some close to stock some far away the way i look at it is they are mine I will do as i please if the next guy don't like it he can always paint it any way he or she likes it!! as for the animals I am not a big fan of animals!!LOL I only have 30-40 birds a bunch of rabbits a pond filled with koi and A dog. heres a few pics my dog smiles for my son looks angry but never is!! We even got into hatching our own birds ! And the pond is pretty much finished . Hope you all like pics..

[img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300610[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300410[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300510[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300511[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300010[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 26170610[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 24933710[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 75703_10[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300311[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300312[/img][img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300313[/img]
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 8:30 am

Love the pictures. Good to see animal lovers on here. Looks like a lot of back breaking work in the pond. I hate the bantam color but will probably do it and the panzer right. On the power king. I may end up using it in my business here and there, so I will probably do my own thing on it. Thanks guy.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 8:56 am

The pond was alot of work but the Kubota earned its keep it did alot of it for me![img]Bantam Build - Page 3 S5300011[/img]
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

kent wrote:
Love the pictures. Good to see animal lovers on here. Looks like a lot of back breaking work in the pond. I hate the bantam color but will probably do it and the panzer right. On the power king. I may end up using it in my business here and there, so I will probably do my own thing on it. Thanks guy.

in my opinion thats the right way to go kent.The power kings you can still find in every state with a little work the other 2 are gettin really hard.I've never seen a bantam or panzer up close yet and trust me i've been into tractors for over 25 years.Larry and i have pretty much the same outlook and we are all you got at the moment lol.I started out doing tractors exact to original and I never liked them.later i did thyem my way,to be honest when they sold it didn't seem to be a big price change either way,it adds up they are garden tractors people will still only give so much,i've always looked at it if i can break even i'm doin good of course labor always turns out to be free lol..
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

I picked up the panzer. I will post pictures under new tractors in a little bit. I am going to try to get down to Cincinnati in the morning to get the Power King. Do you thank it will fit on a 5 x 10 trailer. I didn't want to take the big one if I don't need it.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

Should fit no problem~ yes post pics
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

yep it will fit
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

I shot the epoxy primer this morning. Also lower 1 inch. I need to bolt a few panels back on.
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2621
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2622
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2623
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2624
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2625
Bantam Build - Page 3 Dscf2626
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

lookin good kent you painting it yet or looking for the rat rod look (flat black) that a lot of guy's are doin these days?
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 6:32 pm

I think for now I'm staying with the flat black because it seam like every body trys to do the Tbirds original. I'm powder coating all the chrome black. And having the windows tented presidential black. Interior is also black. Originaly the car was that pukey green. If I ever sell it I might put it back to original. For now it' a toy. I didn't make it down for the Power King yet. May be this week end unless some one beats me to it.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

kent wrote:
I think for now I'm staying with the flat black because it seam like every body trys to do the Tbirds original. I'm powder coating all the chrome black. And having the windows tented presidential black. Interior is also black. Originaly the car was that pukey green. If I ever sell it I might put it back to original. For now it' a toy. I didn't make it down for the Power King yet. May be this week end unless some one beats me to it.

good eals all over man i wouldn't worry over it much, but the size does make them really fun to hav e and mine was a blast to restore the parts are so much, bigger than bigger tractors
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 8:38 am

I like the flat look heres some new paint called hot rod flatz it is a paint though so not porous like primer if left in primer it will rust quick..
http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksflatz.aspx
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

I am looking at a 1966 F250 to trailer it around with. If I buy it I will do it to match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Build   Bantam Build - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bantam Build
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next