The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

wiring kohler help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
osenga

osenga

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 10:27 pm

HI Guys I am wiring up that 14hp kohler I have to put in my 3410 and I put a new key switch and selinode in it with all new wiring. But when I turn the key I have nothing. I have NO safteyswitchs . I used my tster and i have current to the battery and starter side and nothing to the small post . and on my other kohlers i only have current to the solinde to the starter side and the small post. any clues what am doing wrong . because I am close to having that 916 ready to and that wiring is having the same problem with this one to so I know i probally did something wrong . But I Know it is probally looking right at me and I am just not seeing it
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:06 pm

Do you have a manual for them?? its hard to explain without seeing it. KW has them posted on the main site under tractor diagrams the simplicity 2210 should be pretty much the same
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:48 pm

You should only have power to the small terminal of the solenoid when you have the ign switch in the start position....when that is powered, it makes the solenoid transfer power from the battery side to the starter side, energizing the starter.

Wish I could explain it better.
Back to top Go down
hoosier

hoosier

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 8:54 pm

Are you sure you have the correct switch? I know from experience Wink that as far as the five prong ones go they may look the same at a glance but they can operate differently. One that works for a Briggs in an MTD won't operate a K series Kohler in a Deere. Been there.
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm

well the kohler 16hp is running now I had to ground the other small post to make it work but not to sure if that is the correct way or not ?

well for the 14hp kohler i had it wired all of it just hanging off to the side of the tractor and had it working when i installed it all and hooked the battery back up I have nothing again so going to start over this week and see if i can figure it back out

but thanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wiring kohler help Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring kohler help   wiring kohler help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wiring kohler help
Page 1 of 1