The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Thinkin bout building a shed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Thinkin bout building a shed Empty
PostSubject: Thinkin bout building a shed   Thinkin bout building a shed Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm

Got at least 6 Inches of existing foundation to build off of. Figured on makin it about 7 or 8 ft high. Put maybe a garage door, or bifold door on it big enough to be able to drive my truck into. Thinkin about maybe having overhead storage? Ill use old telephone posts and electic poles every 4 feet. Rob some 2 by 4s off of some skids. Use OSB board, or boards off of skids on the sides and build my own trusses and use steel on the roof. If i could get it sealed up fairly decent i could have a small outdoor furnace to heat it in the winter.

Neways heres a drawing of my foundation. the part in red does NOT have concrete at this time.
Thinkin bout building a shed Shed
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin bout building a shed   Thinkin bout building a shed Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 12:29 am

31x22 would definitly be a nice building johnny,would love to have one that big here. K W
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin bout building a shed   Thinkin bout building a shed Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 9:27 am

Sounds like you want to build a "pole barn"..........Why 31x22?.......with a post every 4 ft, 32x20 or 24 would work out better and easier.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin bout building a shed   Thinkin bout building a shed Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 8:02 pm

Well the measurements I mentioned earlier are just the size of the existing foundation. yes my plan was on using old telephone and electric poles to make a pole building.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin bout building a shed   Thinkin bout building a shed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinkin bout building a shed
Page 1 of 1