The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Empty
PostSubject: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:45 pm

Ok, as I stated in the Tractor House thread, I have stripped a Springfield down mostly. I have the chassis down to an engine and a front end, the rest is off. I have the tranny rolled out and propped up with wheels and tires still on it so I could begin to understand what is wrong with its tranny. After removing the shifter and moving the forks around I notice that first and reverse work too smooth, where third and forth are stuck in neutral and refuses to move. So I was wondering if it would be worth pulling apart or if I should just use it as a forward/reverse transmission since I plan to electrify this Springfield anyway. I mean two gears work perfect and the others just dont move I think, I don't believe anything is broken inside it, although I will drain it to be sure. Does anyone think it is a bad idea to try using it as is since the gears that dont work are in nuetral and wont move??

Evan, you have had experience with Moto trannys, any suggestion here?? I know you had a broken gear in yours, what would be your judgement call on the Springfield tranny of mine??
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 3:40 pm

I say tear it apart and see what things look like inside. It may be pretty something simple that is easily fixed. If not just put it back together and use it as is.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 3:43 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
I say tear it apart and see what things look like inside. It may be pretty something simple that is easily fixed. If not just put it back together and use it as is.

Good advice if u take somethin apart and cant fix always remember how it goes together
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 4:08 pm

yup put the bolts back in whatever holes they came out of and lay everything out the way it goes back in.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 4:31 pm

Take pics of the tear down Idea but that means next month when it pic time again lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 5:00 pm

Buzz,

I was going to say the same thing these guys said. Tear into to it and take extra special care as to where everything goes if you do not have a parts diagram. If your successful with this one you can always help me with my Moto tranny's. lol! At least I have parts diagrams for those so I have a guide to put them back together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice   Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Springfield stipped down, I need tranny advice
Page 1 of 1