The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Daughter project

Go down 
+2
johnboggs21
ptmmatssc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 7:27 pm

I have a few pics of MY tractors here at Motomow , but these are of the project that my daughter and I are starting to tackle . Picked this up free . Toro 550 with a briggs engine . No rear end , but everything else is there (do have the front tires and rims) . Still trying to find out about this little tractor . Know nothing about it .

Daughter project Img_0151
Daughter project Img_0152
Daughter project Img_0153
Daughter project Img_0154

Also picked up this Huffy . Good start to another project for my daughter .

Daughter project Img_0150
Daughter project Img_0149
Daughter project Img_0148

These are little machines , but boy are they heavy for their size . Hoping to get the Toro running first , then work on the Huffy as time permits .
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 7:39 pm

Huffy looks like it would make a good little racer.

Welcome to the forum BTW. Why not take a few minutes to introduce yourself in the introductions folder?

https://motomow.forumotion.com/introductions-f4/
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:45 pm

Good finds there Paul, can't wait to see them all done up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:47 pm

I wish more girls were interested in motors
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 11:10 pm

I love the hood on the toro I can see that painted candy apple red
Back to top Go down
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 8:45 am

Sadly , I think one of those is going to get torn apart . The rear end is missing from the Toro , but the huffy has one . Both are chain drive, so think I'll be pulling the rear from the Huffy to put into the Toro . Unless I can find something to fit the Toro , locally .

What's funny about the Toro is that no one seems to have seen one like that or know anything about them .

Btw , my daughter has her own tools , real ones, that I got her for xmas . And she insists on helping dad work on his tractors . So this is something she is really into since it's hers. Lol , and she's quite the foreman to boot . Here she is looking over the situation after I dragged this log out with my 3210V .

Daughter project Img_0102
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:06 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Oh yea about my niece again, she does not like tractors but she is in the Auto mechanics class at the high school. which is differant.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:10 pm

[quote="ptmmatssc"]Sadly , I think one of those is going to get torn apart . The rear end is missing from the Toro , but the huffy has one . Both are chain drive, so think I'll be pulling the rear from the Huffy to put into the Toro . Unless I can find something to fit the Toro , locally .

Cute, you gotta love them, I have to little foremans myself. gets interesting sometimes. Even I know who th real foreman is. ------------ the wife. everybody wants to be the boss lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:32 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Oh yea about my niece again, she does not like tractors but she is in the Auto mechanics class at the high school. which is differant.

Heck it has a motor on it she cant be that bad and i prolly went close to you the other day. i went to Peoria
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 7:13 pm

ptmmatssc I see you have a little boss to mine always goes with me when I am getting model As and tractors[img]Daughter project Simpli11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 7:18 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
ptmmatssc I see you have a little boss to mine always goes with me when I am getting model As and tractors[img]Daughter project Simpli11[/img]

She has a good choice of GT to sit on but idk the only good Model A is a Farmall A
Back to top Go down
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 3:38 am

Well , my little foreman insisted that I drop was I was doing and get to work on HER tractor . stripped the rear out of the Huffy and dry fitted it to the Toro . I was surprised to find that with just making a couple of brackets it will fit nicely . The sprocket even lines up where it should . Once I get the rear set up it'll be time to tear it down and paint the whole thing .

Daughter project Img_0159
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 3:56 am

That Toro is looking real nice now that it has some wheels and tires on it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 4:37 pm

The tires on the rear are a little small . But don't have anything in my pile that will fit . Those rims have the shaft welded on and the shaft is slid over the axle shaft and a bolt holds them together . Kinda like my 810GT . Don't think it will matter that the tires are a little small since this is not going to be worked like mine .
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 10:32 pm

I love farmalls but don't have any so these model As will have to do

[img]Daughter project Antiqu10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 12:02 am

tracktor312 wrote:
I love farmalls but don't have any so these model As will have to do

[img]Daughter project Antiqu10[/img]

Are all those yours?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daughter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter project   Daughter project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daughter project
Page 1 of 1