The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Quick project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:10 pm

Had been wanting to do this for awhile , but hadn't found any 3/4" stock until recently . Was tired of my stock wimpy tires flattening out under heavy (1000 #s plus) loads and my trailer sinking in on soft terrain . So , replaced the original 3/4" "axle" with a longer one so I could fit some spare tires/rims I kept after junking a few tractors .

No more flattening out . No more sinking in mud and soft ground . And just looks "cooler" Very Happy

45 minutes with a cutoff saw , drill , and emery cloth . And this is what it looks like now . (old tire laying by the trailer )

Quick project Img_0359

Also set up my "new" JD with my "new" 6x10 trailer to do a non tractor project . Pretty hefty load . 2x10x14' , stacked 7 wide and 4 deep . All soaking wet to boot . Still moved it around without so much as a grunt .

Quick project Img_0350

And next on the list is to cut my grader bade and box/backblade out of this old 6' plow I got for $10 .

Quick project Img_0360
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:16 pm

i you gonna cut the blade long ways?
Back to top Go down
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:52 pm

Yeah , gonna cut an 8" high by 46" piece from the bottom , leaving the cutting edge on . That's for the grader blade . Wanted to make a box blade , but am thinking a back blade instead . Want to use the back blade in conjunction with the snow blower o the tractor for this winters cleanup .
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:23 pm

Box blade would be cool, but that could get in the way
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 10:59 am

nice keep us posted on the rest of the projects we like pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick project   Quick project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick project
Page 1 of 1