The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Last Saturday I went for a little drive

Go down 
+3
poncho62
whfan74
Rollerman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rollerman

Rollerman

Last Saturday I went for a little drive Empty
PostSubject: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 5:36 am

Not so much a little drive as a full blown road trip. Smile
It started Friday after work when I picked up a Wheelhorse 875...I hope to save.
Then saturday morning with a trailer load of swap stuff headed north up 131 to Wayland,MI where I met a friend.
Did some swapping & added a Wheel Horse 855/FEL & 655 on my trailer....855/FEL is a keeper-655 is a parter
Then back down south to Kalamazoo where I caught I 94 & took it west to Porter,IN.
There I snagged a decent 1257 Horse W/deck that was a non runner & I intended to fix & flip her.
It was a simple repair though & it runs so well I'll have a hard time selling it now. Sad
Then after I got back home...later in the evening my son & I went to a Horse collector south west of me for a visit & some parts.

So the final count....a cherry 855/FEL (855 was my first Horse), 875 that is saveable W/ a clevis hitch, 655 with good tin, 1257 thats a strong runner, 2 perfect Wheel Horse seats, a 14 gallon 12V towable chemical sprayer (flip material), misc Horse parts.

That was the extent of my tractor saveings & now after 4 tractors, 300 miles & $65 in gas I'm tractor poor again.

To rub salt in that a neighbor tonight offered me another 310-8 Wheel Horse W/42" deck for cheap & a coworker has a D 250 to sell.....maybe sell some blood tommorrow, check the local pop machine coin returns for change, wash car windshields at the light for change, sell my forehead for advertiseing......

Wheel Horse collecting...it's not an addiction...it's a life style!
Back to top Go down
whfan74

whfan74

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 9:06 am

Stephen,

That is a great weekend in my book! Finding out that a tractor is much better off than originally told to you is a bigger bonus.

Can't wait to get up your way and take a look at some of these!

Great haul!

No addiction there......just a wise man going after quality equipment!
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 9:49 am

Yes................But, where are the pictures............ What a Face
Back to top Go down
Nathan Werneburg
Post Addict
Nathan Werneburg

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 12:10 pm

now thats a load of tractors
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 11:08 pm

I'll try & get some pics up this weekend.
This week at work & home has been incredibly busy.
The 1257 may even miss it's turn in front of the camera...offered it up on a trade tonight.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Werneburg
Post Addict
Nathan Werneburg

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 11:21 pm

thats ok roller i have sold mowers already that i havent had done yet lol
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 1:08 am

sounds like awesome stuff roller dude hey ain't you supposed to be boating instead of hauling? LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 9:48 am

KW...it's a little to chilly yet for me to be boating.
It won't be long now though...I did pull the cover off the big boat yesterday to show it to company & see if any critters set up camp over the winter.

Here's a few shots of two of the tractors I brought home last wekend...855/FEL & a 1257.
The other two I bought really are nothing to get excited about & are mostly usefull for parts.

My boy is already trying to claim this one.
Last Saturday I went for a little drive 0509091834a

This is the 1257 I bought to fix up & flip, but now that I did that it runs so good I'm getting attached...LOL
Last Saturday I went for a little drive 0515091643a

Last Saturday I went for a little drive 0515091644
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 2:06 pm

That FEL looks pretty slick on that smaller tractor. Definitely looks useful in tighter locations than a larger FEL can get. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 4:31 pm

Wow, I love that 855 with FEL. Whats the story on the loader...is it an actual WH accessory, or is it homeade with WH decals? I also really like that 1257. My dad had a 1057 for years...traded it in on a new 312-8 back in '97. Man I wish we still had that tractor. Someday I'll find a 1057 or 1257 for myself...when I have more room and funds for more tractors. lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 6:04 pm

It's your lucky day EVan, Stephen has that 1257 for sale ion the Trading Post now. lol!

Are you any closer to him than I am? I know that it's a fairly long way to Indiana.. even longer to Illinois...
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 6:29 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
It's your lucky day EVan, Stephen has that 1257 for sale ion the Trading Post now. lol!

Are you any closer to him than I am? I know that it's a fairly long way to Indiana.. even longer to Illinois...

Yeah I saw it in the trading post after I posted on this thread. I'd love to have it...but I just ain't able to take on anymore right now. I have 5 out in the garage that all need some attention before I pick up another. lol!
I'm guessing its probably 5 to 6 hours away from me, which could easily be done in a day.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 7:07 pm

Ya Evan, I hear you there, I passed up serveral WH deals in the trade paper last week because I still had to fix the Case up a little, and the Gilson is.... down for the count right now.... but let's not go down that path today...
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 7:16 pm

Evan the FEL on the loader was built by a friend in MI.
He has some talent & has built several custom articulated GT's as well as handled some very intensive restorations on older rare GT iron.
Since the 855 was the very first model of Wheel Horse I ever owned, I'm thrilled to have another in that shape...the FEL is iceing on the cake & will never be used as a working tractor.
It uses Western Plow angle cylinders...so it's gravity down & a trip bucket.
I have a Sears W/FEL to beat up if I need to.

Now that 1257... Smile
Make me an offer?...I can take pay pal....meet or drop it in Wapakoneta, OH if thats any closer for you.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 9:55 pm

Rollerman wrote:
Evan the FEL on the loader was built by a friend in MI.
He has some talent & has built several custom articulated GT's as well as handled some very intensive restorations on older rare GT iron.
Since the 855 was the very first model of Wheel Horse I ever owned, I'm thrilled to have another in that shape...the FEL is iceing on the cake & will never be used as a working tractor.
It uses Western Plow angle cylinders...so it's gravity down & a trip bucket.
I have a Sears W/FEL to beat up if I need to.

Now that 1257... Smile
Make me an offer?...I can take pay pal....meet or drop it in Wapakoneta, OH if thats any closer for you.

Wow...he did an awesome job on both the tractor and loader. That one is definitely a keeper. As far as the 1257...as much as I want it...I think I'm gonna have to pass. I just don't have the resources for another tractor right now. I've had to pass on a couple of nice deals lately. I'm hoping at least by the end of summer I'll be back in a postion where I can maybe pick up another tractor, but it just won't work now. Thanks again though...it'll make someone a nice tractor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Saturday I went for a little drive   Last Saturday I went for a little drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Saturday I went for a little drive
Page 1 of 1