The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Bolens G9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Bolens G9 Empty
PostSubject: Bolens G9   Bolens G9 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:19 am

Neighbor came by today. Seems his co-worker gave him this Bolens G9 and he tried to start it but it needs a little of this and a little of that. He's not much of a mechanic and his landlord won't let "stuff" sit around so he donated it to me. It has a deck, but for some reason he didn't bring it. He said it also had a seat but it wound up somewhere along the road. Shocked I don't know how long it has set but it had definately been inside a shed as its very dusty. Its Sriggs and Bratstone powered. This makes me number 102. Laughing

Bolens G9 Bolens
Back to top Go down

Bolens G9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolens G9   Bolens G9 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:23 am

102? I think you might not be telling the truth. I'm sure I counted more than that several months ago lol.
The old guy looks like it's in pertty good shape, but I think you over payed just a lil bit...LOL
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Bolens G9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolens G9   Bolens G9 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

Neighbor told me he couldn't get the engine to turn over even with jumper cables on it so I took out the battery from 2004 and put in a good-un. It turned over and fired right up!! The throttle linkage is all wrong and it ran wide open no matter what so I unhooked the throttle and let the gubbernor idle it down. It smoked a little at first, but the muffler was oily like it had been turned over recently. After running a couple of minutes it burnt the oil out and quit smokin'. This thing runs great!! The rubber vibration dampner in the driveshaft is gone so its bolts hit together and rattle and stomp like a disco and the shifter feels a little strange but all gears work perfect. There is no detent to the gear shift so thats why it feels funny. Just over two inches of rain last night removed most of the dust so it looks much better today. I put an old boat seat on and drove it around to warm it up to change the oil. While the oil was draining, I came in and ran the serial # across Sonnys Bolens website and found it is a 1976 model. The G9 was only made in '76-'77. The Briggs is an 8 horse so I wondered why not G8, but G8s have a Peerless transaxle so I assume they are lawn mowers [8 inch rear wheels??] while the G9 has the worm drive Bolens rear and is a garden tractor.

JD, maybe YOU are the one that can only count to 20 and 1/4?? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Bolens G9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolens G9   Bolens G9 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:57 pm

Sounds like you fell into some good luck. I love gettin free stuff that runs Bolens G9 Icon_lol

Oh, it's 20 3/4 if you must know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bolens G9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolens G9   Bolens G9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bolens G9
Page 1 of 1