The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Bought a big ole brute today.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Bought a big ole brute today. Empty
PostSubject: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 12:26 am

Bought this big ole brute from my neighbor today he stopped over and said he had an old white he was going to put in his garage sale.I said oh really how much?,he said $100 i said i'll take it!! lol.It's all their hydro,2 speed rearend,hydro lift,the big tires.He said he had to get the deck for me at his son's house yet,he said it's huge and drive shaft driven.I've never seen one of these up close it's an impressive beast.He said it ran great and just quit,now no fire probably bad coil or may luck out and just be the condensor.

Bought a big ole brute today. W111

Bought a big ole brute today. W211

Bought a big ole brute today. W311
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 1:00 am

I like it! I think this is the White version of the 990. I've never seen one in person, but all the one's I've seen on the internet look like a real beast! Does this have the 16 horse Briggs under the hood?
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 10:31 am

Yea Evan it's a 16hp single cast iron briggs,looks real close to the old simplicty tractor setup,driveshaft/pully setup.You can't find these old MTD/white tractors around here.I'm like you i 've never seen one up close.I hope I didn't mess something up on it.We pulled it home with his wheel horse when we got it in my driveway I noticed something smelled hot,looked down and the parking brake was on and the hydro was not in nuetral.We only pulled it 2 blocks but who knows.It has levers all over it so I didn't see what those 2 levers said on them.Kinda hard to blame the guy that sold it to me,he is legally blind he can barely see anything.I guess i'll find out when I get spark back to it.It would be a cool old ride to get going and from what I've seen these things go for on ebay it was definitly a pretty good investment.He said the mower deck is very solid so thats a plus to.He also had a blade to go with it to for another $50 but I didn't want to invest much more than the $100 in case it turned out to be a part out deal,we shall see I guess.Any of you guy's can help me out on info on this thing i 'd really appreciate it,,,,,KW
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 10:46 am

Motomow wrote:
Yea Evan it's a 16hp single cast iron briggs,looks real close to the old simplicty tractor setup,driveshaft/pully setup.You can't find these old MTD/white tractors around here.I'm like you i 've never seen one up close.I hope I didn't mess something up on it.We pulled it home with his wheel horse when we got it in my driveway I noticed something smelled hot,looked down and the parking brake was on and the hydro was not in nuetral.We only pulled it 2 blocks but who knows.It has levers all over it so I didn't see what those 2 levers said on them.Kinda hard to blame the guy that sold it to me,he is legally blind he can barely see anything.I guess i'll find out when I get spark back to it.It would be a cool old ride to get going and from what I've seen these things go for on ebay it was definitly a pretty good investment.He said the mower deck is very solid so thats a plus to.He also had a blade to go with it to for another $50 but I didn't want to invest much more than the $100 in case it turned out to be a part out deal,we shall see I guess.Any of you guy's can help me out on info on this thing i 'd really appreciate it,,,,,KW

He did drop the mower deck off,looks really solid,bearings all turn free but the idler pully's are all froze up,no big deal,rather it would be the idlers instead of the main deck bearings anyways.I think these deck's run off a drive shaft and it didn't come with one so that may be a trough find. KW
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 3:00 pm

yes it is a white version 990, the same as my wizard and my farm king only with a differant hood / grill, You want to sell it KW? It would go well with my collection, 990s and my white 998.
Bought a big ole brute today. Zane10
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeSun 02 Aug 2009, 1:28 pm

sold you dont want to get rid of it just yet
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:22 am

sorry ohmar I didn't see your post until now,email me man and we will talk,,,KW
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:31 pm

can we load it all in the back of a 6 ft bed. full size truck?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:34 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
can we load it all in the back of a 6 ft bed. full size truck?

i would say it depends on your truck. and wat year
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 10:44 pm

ya need to get ur ford goin bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a big ole brute today.   Bought a big ole brute today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a big ole brute today.
Page 1 of 1