The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Panzer Build

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kent
Regular Poster
kent

Panzer Build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

I will try that.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:15 pm

if you didn't take that carb off it's probably to old gas that turned into a goo.That stuff will oze out of a carb a long time but larry said something you definitly need to check,it probably will be worn rings,valves,or both.It's probably a tired old engine kent gonna need freshened up ,but the leaking is a issue thats a briggs given with those old updraft carbs.Hopefully tho for your sake larry is right because the problems i've mentioned is more work and money lol.Good thing is everything can be fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

Worse case. How much am I looking at in parts. I don't mind putting money in it. I will use this to pull a roller and a dump trailer for my landscape jobs. I probably won't do a complete resto. Probably get it running good. Clean it up and shoot some paint. Im trying to figure out if that is the wrong fuel tank. or if they just moved it. I thank I am going to get rid of my wheel horse and AC, and just stick with the stuff I like. The older rounded hoods and fenders. It seems like deals always come my way.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

i would guess $100 or so if you needed a piston and rings stuff like that.depends if your doing the work like machine work (cylinder honed,crank work etc).I would clean the carb new plug getting it running good and just run it around a while,see how it does.If it always smokes it's gonna need a rebuild to get it to stop,it depends how bad for me,if it just puffs a little when you throttle it up i'll just live with it.Some people like perfect kent i don't .I know some guy's that have some pretty good money in a garden tractor,myself if i started putting a few grand in one i would rather stick to old cars.The best advice i can give is do what you want ,it depends what it takes to make ya happy,perfect restoration or something that looks good to pull a trailer with.One thing i know is you can sink pretty good money into them if you want one really nice.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 7:47 am

It smokes so bad that the neighbors thouht there was a fire. I'm not going to do a complete restore. Just clean it up. Paint it. Then go threw the motor. I don't mind putting 2 or 3 hundred in it. I can hone and ridge ream the cylinders my self. If it needs bored out, there is a guy that in his 80's here local that does it out of his garage. I was told he is good and really inexpencive. I am going to use it to pull a roller. Also I have 7 apartment complexes I mow and take care of. I will use it on them when I'm cleaning up the property or weeding.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

kent wrote:
It smokes so bad that the neighbors thouht there was a fire. I'm not going to do a complete restore. Just clean it up. Paint it. Then go threw the motor. I don't mind putting 2 or 3 hundred in it. I can hone and ridge ream the cylinders my self. If it needs bored out, there is a guy that in his 80's here local that does it out of his garage. I was told he is good and really inexpencive. I am going to use it to pull a roller. Also I have 7 apartment complexes I mow and take care of. I will use it on them when I'm cleaning up the property or weeding.

it sounds like you got it made then as far as getting it running good kent.You also are in my range thats exactly the way i'd restore wouldn't care who liked it or not.If it doesn't knock then you should be good if it never has been rebuilt before it shouldn't take much at all to freshen it up.Just wish more guy's would stop in to give you more opinions,that way you could choose what you like but ah well i'm looking like all there is right now,don't know what happened to larry,he knows a ton about tractors.I've been around them a long time but don't do things like some do so just take what input i have or none, my way may be the stupid way to some lol.What horse is that engine?,I had a ton of old briggs parts last year from a friend closing down his shop,may have some leftover stuff.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

I doesn't knock. It's a 8 horse Briggs. If you have the parts I need to rebuild this. I would be glad to buy them from you. On my bantam. I am taking my time on it. Probably going to go a little over board on the restore. Since it is kind of rare. I feel like i'm preserving history. So I want to make it new.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 12:06 am

kent wrote:
I doesn't knock. It's a 8 horse Briggs. If you have the parts I need to rebuild this. I would be glad to buy them from you. On my bantam. I am taking my time on it. Probably going to go a little over board on the restore. Since it is kind of rare. I feel like i'm preserving history. So I want to make it new.

well you really should on that one i agree.I've got one i filmed at a indiana tractor show,he kinda modded it like i'd probaby do lol.it was yellow had chrome on it ,i thought it was the coolest tractor there real nice.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 8:39 am

yeah the Bantam is worth doing right then again the Panzer is also but you want to work the panzer so freshen up and have fun!!
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

I had a new one offered to me today. It's a 1958 Bolens ride a matic. I don't know much about it yet but I googled a picture and really like the look and styling. They said paint is good. Runs good. It needs a deck belt.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 12:15 am

My buddy has a 58-59 ride a matic looks great but he has always had problems with the drive belt. If you do get it maybe some close up pics will help him!!
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

The guy claimed it ran. But when I was getting ready to go up to look at it he told me it has not ran it 2 years. And he wants $600.00. So for now I am going to pass on it. But i would love to find another one.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 12:17 pm

Your story sounds like one my auntused to tell on my uncle. They hired a new lady where he worked and he was always talking about her. His story was she was old and not so pretty. On their way to the company Christmas dinner, my aunt said she kept getting younger and prettier. By the time they got there, she was young enuf to be his daughter and pretty enuf to be a model. She was ready to kill him. I just always thought that was funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panzer Build   Panzer Build - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panzer Build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2