The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Scrap run find!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010, 3:34 am

Ok, this will come off sounding bad, but Dad and I actually scrapped some stuff the other day. Basicly, our scrap, is really just that, scrap, nothing in it good. We rolled in on the scale at a massive 18,000 pounds. Once unloaded we were down to 11,400; or 3.3 tons lighter, until we went shopping. Dad and I made two laps; the first lap to see what was there we wanted and the second lap to come to our senses on most of it. lol!

Now Dad found something he had to save, a large wood lathe, I can't remember the specifics on it, but it only had a bent leg, a little surface rust, and everything to make it work again it looks. Turns out it was scrapped by the local schoolboard, but just the same, it has a value of about 600 plus according to ebay, in current condition no less.

I however, followed the scrap man, who had something way cooler, an old tiller he saved before the guy that brought it in threw it off the truck. The scrap man basicly took it right in the shop and left it there for a year until he could find the right person to take it home and preserve it. Well, he found me today. lol!

The machine is a early 1950s Rototiller brand Model 3 tiller complete with a Briggs, looking to be the model 14. It is a beast and was well worth its weight in scrap price, even with its one flat tire. I did some research on the company and found these 2 links about it, and it turns out to have some history with the Porter Cable Company, as well as Moto-Mower. I think it was meant to be, what do you guys think, its in no worse condition than the ones in the links by the way. I will get pics of mine up here in a day or so.

This first link is the Clinton version of mine and will help you in the second link.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com/Roto133a.html

http://donaldantiquerototillers.com/USA.html
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010, 3:38 am

By the way, we left weighing 12,000 pounds, so we did scrap more than we brought back, which meant a profit margin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010, 9:22 am

Good score....show us a pic of that tiller

Cant do that with the scrap guys here, once its in, they think its gold
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm

scrap yard place here wanted a $1/lb for a garden tractor
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 1:24 am

I forgot to mention that we did have to pay he higher scrap rate to take the junk, but it wasn't all that bad, even at $350 a ton, we spent only $115 for both items, which each weighed about the same, roughly 300 pounds each. Like I said, they are well worth that price, and the lathe might just get repaired and sold for additional cash. We didn't really need a lathe, but we took it anyway, and glad we did based on the value of it on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:01 pm

So when are we gonna see pictures?
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:05 pm

Soon as I decide to plug in the camera. lol!

Been way busy cleaning up and moving stuff around to make room for everything we have and want to keep, so who knows. This weekend I will be swapping the bed out on Lance's Tundra and probable my truck in April... I hope... so who knows... just look at the links for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrap run find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrap run find!   Scrap run find! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrap run find!
Page 1 of 1