The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

New member from VA

Go down 
+2
wvbuzzmaster
Rocking 416
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tractor Beam
Regular Poster
Tractor Beam

New member from VA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
Bring on the Deere lol

New member from VA - Page 2 Chick_10
Now...see there Jared......All the Farmall is great for is parades, while the green tractors actually work! Of course I kid you now lol! ......That's a very nice Farmall by the way. Did you participate in the restoration? flower
Back to top Go down
Rocking 416

Rocking 416

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:04 pm

Hey Chris dont be ditching the farmalls i own one its a work horse so is my cub cadet
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:11 pm

did i participate in the resto? That my tractor and my work. lol and if you ask my a GT isnt a tractor lol
Back to top Go down
Tractor Beam
Regular Poster
Tractor Beam

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:30 pm

Rocking 416 wrote:
Hey Chris dont be ditching the farmalls i own one its a work horse so is my cub cadet
I would never ditz an old American tractor. We had several of them including a Farmall when I was 15! We had a long stinger on it for moving logs and loading and so on. My dad sold it then bought a Ford 8N, before that we had a very old case. The last tractor we had when I was a teenager was an old John Deere, that burned Kerosene or gas as well as diesel....I think. Been too many years. Jared, I am impressed. You did an excellent job. I never restored a tractor...Certainly not as a teenager. I did grow up next to a dairy and worked there from age 13 on up to 18 as well as worked with my dad logging and building homes..... So I certainly paid my dues eating diesel exhaust and getting greasy working on them old tractors!!!! .I dropped out of school at 14 and never went back! Though I did get my GED in 2001 at the age of 34. I'm only partial to my JD because it's a diesel, and the difference between gas and diesel is pretty profound when it comes to "smack down' pick the diesel exhaust from between your teeth, hard work! One day, I'd love to get an older 1940s or 50s generation tractor to bring back to restored condition. My wife was born in 1946, si it would be a special connection for her as well....even if she is a total San Fransisco city hippy gal!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:36 pm

in between me dad and gpa we got 8. 2 are mine
Back to top Go down
Tractor Beam
Regular Poster
Tractor Beam

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm

That's awesome! Have you always had them in the family? Is that the connection to these machines for you and yourPpops? JaridI sent a private message, did you get it?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:47 pm

music in a bottle wrote:
That's awesome! Have you always had them in the family? Is that the connection to these machines for you and yourPpops? JaridI sent a private message, did you get it?

ya i got it. We always like IH when gpa farmed. None of are tractors are the originals. My gpa had a JD A B and 70
Back to top Go down
Tractor Beam
Regular Poster
Tractor Beam

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:48 pm

Anyone wever use the chat?
Back to top Go down
Tractor Beam
Regular Poster
Tractor Beam

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:49 pm

Going there now guys......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from VA   New member from VA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from VA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2