The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Moto-Mower Restoration

Go down 
+4
tracktor312
Gtractor
Evan(PA)
wvbuzzmaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:13 pm

osenga wrote:
on the paint you are using my question is at 5.00 a can is that a spray bomb? But for what I have saw so for it looks good

Yup, all my restorations are spray bomb. It is actually really great paint, that ceramic must really bring that color to life.
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:25 pm

Well I would say this has to be better than what i have been using . Since I am going to be redoing 2 tractors this spring one is a 1965 sears and the other is a allis 914 when it gets nice out sears will be orange and want to do the allis in a red or yellow . SO where would i find that kind of paint since we only have a couple auto stores and ace so i dont have much to choose from
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:28 pm

osenga wrote:
Well I would say this has to be better than what i have been using . Since I am going to be redoing 2 tractors this spring one is a 1965 sears and the other is a allis 914 when it gets nice out sears will be orange and want to do the allis in a red or yellow . SO where would i find that kind of paint since we only have a couple auto stores and ace so i dont have much to choose from

I buy the Duplicolor heat paint at Advance Auto Parts, but I am certain other auto stores sell it also, it is considered an engine paint.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:37 pm

Looks great keep up the good work !!As for pedals it is 2005 and newer isn't it there is alot of them now ..
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:39 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Looks great keep up the good work !!As for pedals it is 2005 and newer isn't it there is alot of them now ..

Thanks Larry.

WOW on those pedals, it has to be those Lexus engines though, cause aren't the Lexus's having that same issue?
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 11:48 pm

I didn't make any progress today. I did however receive my decals in the mail today. Two for the hood, ths shift pattern, and a decal for the Clinton engine. Tomorrow I will get something done though.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 4:20 pm

One step forward, three back.....

Took down front axle, noticed spots missed due to how i hung it, tried touchup, now I have think spots of paint... and I aint happy with it yet... So, off with the paint and I will try it again later this week.

Finished cleaning up the spindles and painted them before cleaning them off so I will have to try those again.. great...

I knew no good would come from minimal motivation today...
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 5:10 pm

Didn't get a chance to read the whole thread yet buzz but it's looking to be a nice looking project can't wait to see another restored motomower Smile KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

The year has gotten away and I made no progress on the Moto-Mower. However I did figure out that I have been "detached" from it long enough to not remember why I have to strip the paint back off cause it looks damn good.. hmm, next step will start next week, finish the spindles and reassemble the chassis minus trans, which will be cleaned up and painted by winter. But the goal is to have it a rolling restored chassis by winter. But anyway, just a quick update. This will have to wait til I get the Caterpillar (Craftsman) reassembled and out of the driveway where it has sat since June..
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Oct 2010, 11:48 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
The year has gotten away and I made no progress on the Moto-Mower. However I did figure out that I have been "detached" from it long enough to not remember why I have to strip the paint back off cause it looks damn good.. hmm, next step will start next week, finish the spindles and reassemble the chassis minus trans, which will be cleaned up and painted by winter. But the goal is to have it a rolling restored chassis by winter. But anyway, just a quick update. This will have to wait til I get the Caterpillar (Craftsman) reassembled and out of the driveway where it has sat since June..

come on KC i got the Yeo done
Back to top Go down
gregneuschel

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 12:00 pm

my tractor has those same foot pegs,but a diffrnt seat...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 10:30 pm

Maybe someone changed the seat. KC no one cares bout lexus gas pedals because they know no one rich enough to own one lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Mower Restoration   Moto-Mower Restoration - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moto-Mower Restoration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2