The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

question for you guy's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

question for you guy's Empty
PostSubject: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 12:14 am

[b]Ok guy's I get a lot of questions thru email everyday from guy's wanting to know tractor related problems,make,model,year just all kinds of stuff.It's really hard for me to answer everything and post pics,info on the website to.I am thinking of makling us a folder and just put the questions there.If you can can help thats great if not no biggie.I try to get them to come to our forum some do some don't here is one I got today.

hello,
I have a motomower that i just got a new fuel pump for and i was useing it the other day plowing snow then i wanted to try all the gears and i shifted in to second and nothin happened. I tried 3rd to. I dont have a clue what the problem is. If you know can you please hepl me out. thank you. YOu have some nice tractors by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 9:45 am

Will help where I can....I am no expert on any make, but to me, they are basically similar in design, so what works for one, should somehow apply to another.......

As for the guy with no 2nd and 3rd.....He has a tranny problem.....Big help, eh?....... lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:30 am

poncho62 wrote:
Will help where I can....I am no expert on any make, but to me, they are basically similar in design, so what works for one, should somehow apply to another.......

As for the guy with no 2nd and 3rd.....He has a tranny problem.....Big help, eh?....... lol!

thanks poncho i'd say any input is better than nothing i'm sure there will be problenms we can help with if not we tried anyways,what do they expect for free LOL bKW
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:02 pm

I don't mind helping when I can if I have an idea I usually try!!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:29 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
I don't mind helping when I can if I have an idea I usually try!!

your our motomessenger GURU larry trust me you will be asked many questions LOL KW
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 5:32 pm

Suggestion: create a new forum - "Ask the Amateur". Answers are not limited to professional advice.
Just post their questions (personal stuff removed) and let them know where to get their answer.

For this issue:

Suggest directing the person to the image on your web site:
question for you guy's Motobook9

Could there be an issue where the gear shift came out (bolt #70 not properly adjusted) and be resolved without having to tear-down?

Otherwise, I agree - it looks like a full tear-down to look for something out of place and to check that no teeth have been damaged.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 6:59 pm

I think what i'll do to guys is when I post the question i'll just direct the guy asking the question to the thread,gets him to get involved and join up,besides we are helping them out they can at least go on the forum to get their answers,don't think I should have to keep playing email tag to give them advice besides you guys are helping them to you all should be recognized for giving out the advice.Just telling them to go on the forum doesn't seem to work out that well,maybe this will be a lot better way.I know if I tell them we have answers they are going to at least go on here to check,that sounds like a pretty good name for a folder motob,i'll work on some stuff tommorrow,KW
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 12:53 am

Motomow wrote:
I think what i'll do to guys is when I post the question i'll just direct the guy asking the question to the thread,gets him to get involved and join up,besides we are helping them out they can at least go on the forum to get their answers,don't think I should have to keep playing email tag to give them advice besides you guys are helping them to you all should be recognized for giving out the advice.Just telling them to go on the forum doesn't seem to work out that well,maybe this will be a lot better way.I know if I tell them we have answers they are going to at least go on here to check,that sounds like a pretty good name for a folder motob,i'll work on some stuff tommorrow,KW

Sounds like a good idea to me too....maybe get some new members and we will be able to help them out better if we can interact with them. As for the question that was posed about the Moto tranny problem...I'm no stranger to them! lol!
With the info we were given though...it sounds like it could be something as simple as a broken drive belt, to something much more complicated inside the tranny. Dwayne, you mentioned the bolt that holds the gear shift in (#70). As long as it is in tight, there shouldn't be a problem there...its only purpose near as I can tell is to keep the shifter from being able to be pulled out of the case. However, in the replacement tranny I got for my one Moto, the shifter had a ton of slop in it. I removed that bolt to see what the problem was and found that the ring near the end of the shift lever had come loose, which made it difficult to shift into any gears because it was so hard to get it lined up. This wasn't a problem for me though because I had a couple extra shift levers laying around. From there...its hard to say what the problem could be. I'm sure a chipped tooth on one of the gears could be a culprit for some problems. In one of the trannies I had laying around, which I no longer have, the shift forks had an issue where they wouldn't move...not sure if they were just seized or if there was other problems inside...never did open it up to find out. Here's what one of the trannies looks like opened up...this is the original from my 6025. The forward gears worked fine, but reverse didn't. Still to this day I'm not sure why reverse didn't work, there appears to be no chipped teeth on the gears and as nears as I could tell the shifting forks were working correctly. Instead, I found a replacement tranny in a parts tractor and drove 5 hrs one way to pick it up in Michigan.

question for you guy's IMG_1830

question for you guy's IMG_1831

question for you guy's IMG_1297-1
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 12:27 pm

[b]there you go guys looks like a bunch of help to me just on this question,I think we all should be getting the credit when we help guy's out.We are a small bunch but I know a lot of us have experience with old garden tractors people just might be surprised if they would come in here and give us a chance to help.I think a lot of them just don't like talking on forums .If we can get them in here I really think they would find out that it is a pretty cool place to go to,If you are a tractor nut like I know we all are how could you not like us LOL KW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question for you guy's   question for you guy's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question for you guy's
Page 1 of 1