The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

the ones that started

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

the ones that started Empty
PostSubject: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 2:50 pm

heres a pic of the ones that started today. The ingersoll wouldn't start I took off the air cleaner to prime it and noticed all 3 screws that hold it on are gone I hope there is no damage inside but will have to tear down and look affraid Also the kubota started..[img]the ones that started Tracto11[/img]
[img]the ones that started Tracto12[/img]
[img]the ones that started Tracto13[/img]
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 3:06 pm

Awesome grouping Larry. I like that 816 with the roof, gives it a mean look. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 6:17 pm

The 816s does most of the snow removal I will see how the 20G does it seems to be running nice looking for a plow for it...
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 10:26 pm

Mabey you could find a blade that can be adapted to fit the 20G
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 11:27 pm

Larry,

Hows the old 220 running? It sure looks to be in nice shape. I'm hoping to get a 400 or 800 series Gravely rider sometime in the near future. I've seen several listed on Craigslist within a couple hrs away from me, but I'm just waiting for the right one to come along. I of course will only settle on one with a Kohler, but can you tell me what does the S stand for after 816? I've seen just plain 816 models too and I'm not exactly sure what the difference is.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 9:13 am

Evan the 816s the s stands for single cylinder briggs And I would like a few more of thm it is a much better engine than the Kohler in my opinion. the newer ones are 8000 series have a B at the end like a 8123B would be the briggs version.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 11:33 am

All of them are pretty cool larry,definitly some beasts in there you don't see much,,,KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Evan the 816s the s stands for single cylinder briggs And I would like a few more of thm it is a much better engine than the Kohler in my opinion. the newer ones are 8000 series have a B at the end like a 8123B would be the briggs version.

Thanks for clearing that up Larry. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the regular 816 must have the twin Onan in it??? I don't have anything against a Briggs engine (except for the one in Casey's Gilson when it decided not to start on my visit), but I guess I'm just more familiar with the Kohler's.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 5:22 pm

It is the same engine as in the Gilson, and I wouldn't get another 16 hp Briggs single unless it has compression release and a starter generator, so it looks like I am not getting another 16 hp briggs single. lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 7:22 pm

Evan you are right they are good machines with any engine in it and with proper maintenance the briggs will start in any weather first try. And I don't have compression release on it or a starter generator!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 7:54 pm

Larry, it's a preference hobby and I currently prefer the ones in my group that start and run. The Gilson has been fighting me ever since I bought it and I prefer not to buy anything that has a chance of being a pita like the Gilson. I am sure that you have certain machines you have sworn you would never buy another one of or similar to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the ones that started   the ones that started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the ones that started
Page 1 of 1