The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Started on the Homelite

Go down 
+3
Jared Olson for SO IL
poncho62
tracktor312
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Started on the Homelite Empty
PostSubject: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 11:59 am

I figured out how to make the wrong starter work...lol
Now all I have to do is find some place to stick the battery.
I'll add pic's when my computer stops being so hateful. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 2:36 pm

nevermind about the Homelite. Got it running and the old engine smokes a lil, but got some life in it, but the hydro part of the deal aint working.
Don't even try to move. full throttle it'll make a little noise in the rearend like hydro's do, but thats it.Doesn't even pull the engine down. I found that the drake drum on the side of the rearend is locked tight so something inside has got to be trashed. Looks like I got a engine for the original now.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 6:08 pm

Is there fluid in it?? is the linkage working right?
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 7:19 pm

If the brake is locked on, its not going to move.......it should drag the engine down trying though.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 7:50 pm

is there any belts on hydros? and did u try rockin back in forth on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 7:53 pm

Yes it has fluid and the linkage is working. As for the brake it's not applied. The small drum thats on the side of the rearend is locked up. I put a wrench on it and just about stripped the bolt. At a idle you can push the hydro lever full forward and full rewind and the engine only slows down maybe 100 rpm. You can hear a high pitched whine at full throttle and full forward. Oh and yes the belt is on it and it's ingaged...lol
I'm at a loss. Pertty sure it's something in the gears and or pump. I'm goin to fire it up outside when the rain stops and crack the filter with it running and see what kind of flow it has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 7:59 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
is there any belts on hydros? and did u try rockin back in forth on it

Jared, this one is shaft drive to a gear box that has a belt running from the side that goes to the pump. The pump on this one looks like a electric motor and it's mounted on top of what I'm calling the rearend. More of a hydraulic motor and bear box. the rearend is a sealed diff that mounts between the gear box and right wheel. (external diff) It's kinda goofy...
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 8:28 pm

It could be a loose nut behind the wheel Shocked
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 8:58 pm

it could be airbound or the wrong fluid or the free wheel valve is still engaged keep playing with it you can do it!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 10:21 pm

Well I know it aint air locked and I messed with the valves. The goober I bought it from said it was working when he parked it, but it had been pulled across the yard since. I just about bet he messed it up. When I get time I'll gut the rearend and see what I can find. And the I'll probably junk it...lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:05 am

You do know you can go to simple tractor and download a manual!!
http://www.simpletractors.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:28 am

tracktor312 wrote:
You do know you can go to simple tractor and download a manual!!
http://www.simpletractors.com/

Oh. I do now... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 8:37 am

Well I hope it helps I like that tractor I want to see it done!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 9:25 pm

I want to do something with it, but if it's goin to take much money I don't know what I'll do. The Jeep thing is keeping me broke...lol
Might sell it to someone that will restore it. I don't think I could bring myself to junk it.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 3:33 pm

Jeep thing eh?

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 6:20 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
Jeep thing eh?

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

i understand the jeep thing thats why i dont drive one lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 9:56 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
johnboggs21 wrote:
Jeep thing eh?

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

i understand the jeep thing thats why i dont drive one lol

Evidently you do not understand or you wouldnt be doggin on it... Did You know that the Willys Jeep was once a dual purpose vehicle and is the first four wheel drive tractor AND it even had a pto on it. Not to mention it helped win several wars. DON'T DOG THE JEEP! AND mine is AMC not a junk dodge thing with the name on it. Thats all I got to say bout that...........
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:53 pm

I had a few willys they were great jeeps!!! I still wish I never got rid of the 47 my buddy has the 56 still plows with it[img]Started on the Homelite Jeep_010[/img]
[img]Started on the Homelite Willys10[/img]

Heres what he did to it!!!!!!!!

[img]Started on the Homelite Jeep_b10[/img]

Last edited by tracktor312 on Fri 14 May 2010, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:57 pm

I'm just sittin here waitin' for the Paxil to kick in ~~~~~~~ Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:02 am

Whats the first one? Don't think I've seen a top like that.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:02 am

Warning: Paxil Linked to Birth Defects
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:03 am

Is that a 3?
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:04 am

the first and 3rd are the same jeep back then willys didn't make a hard roof this one was made by a local company in Waltham Massachusetts.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:06 am

JD wrote:
Is that a 3?
Yep 56 CJ3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:07 am

tracktor312 wrote:
Warning: Paxil Linked to Birth Defects

You do know that Kris is 57 months pregnant. Looks like he could pop at any time. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
OH and I forgot...Have you seen how bad his gravely smokes?!?!?!

lol! cheers affraid tongue What a Face Razz Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Started on the Homelite
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next