The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm

Well after rainin all day yesterday, i got up this morning with lots of energy and a plan to get something done. First went out and pulled some weeds for a while. Next i thought id go try to get the ole tiller runnin. Got it running finally, but it was rough. Got teh garden tilled once with numerous carb adjustments to keep it running. Before i finished it the first time it just started blowing blue smoke like theirs no tomorrow. Then about 25-30 seconds later it quit, and seemed to be running better. It did this a few times before i shut it down. went to start it about 15 minutes later and the damn thing is locked up! So i push her up to the shed and take the spark plug out to see what things look like. couldnt really see nothin, so i tore the head off which was a major PITA. i broke off a headbolt in the process. Got in there and knocked it loose with a hammer. The cylinder was in suprisingly very good shape. I couldnt see why it was stuck, and im at a loss as to why it was blowing smoke. I know blue smoke is oil. Went to start the murray today and it blew some water and smoke out the exhaust. Took out the plug and it looked terrible. I cleaned it up and tested for spark and had nothin. robbed a good plug out of the snowblower and still have no spark. So i left that alone for now. I have another coil i can swap in if thats teh problem. Later on went to start the Huskee and it wouldnt start. Took off the air filter and dumped some gas in it. It started but didnt keep runnin. Dumped more gas and got her to run continuously. We shall see if it starts tomorrow.

So i fixed the tiller, broke the tiller, tore it apart fixed it, and now i need to put it together tomorrow. But i did get the garden worked.

Murray has no spark and is no go right now.

Huskee runs, but we'll see if thiers some kind of problem tomorrow.

So was it a good day or a bad day???
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 11:36 pm

well 1 good thing happened Murray aint runnin lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:03 am

That sucks John. That tiller has a Techy on it by the way, I know cause I have one with a broken rod at least...
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 10:32 am

thats nice, I woke up with a hang over and it aint went away.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 1:19 pm

Sorry to hear that ohmar. Casey this is a prime example of why i hate teccys. Got it back together today, and had it running. Still runs like crap, and it leaks oil pretty bad now. What i dont get is that its leakin oil from a place that has not been worked on. scratch
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 6:16 pm

Well i can put another notch on my gun. Just killed another teccy.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 7:09 pm

Sorry to hear that John...a new engine that fits that tiller costs about $300 on ebay or more, thats's why we haven't finished the tiller we have.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 7:41 pm

I reckon it could be fixed with a new rod, but teccy parts are getting hard to find and expensive. Its so wore out, so it doesnt really make much sense to fix it.......
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 8:50 pm

Got the murray running today. Somehow the bolts that control the air gap btwn the coil and flywheel loosened and the gap was too big. Tightened things up and it runs better than ever now.
Back to top Go down
fan

fan

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2009, 6:22 pm

So was it a good day or a bad day???

yes! clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........   Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmmm tryin to decide if today was a good day or not..........
Page 1 of 1