The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Swapped out the Case's rears today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Swapped out the Case's rears today Empty
PostSubject: Swapped out the Case''s rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 7:28 pm

Ok, going to try this again... I had a nice response typed, went to add pics, hit a button and I got to start all over...

Basicly, I was unimpressed with the stock tire/hydraulic motor clearance so decided to swap the Gilson's extra set on the Case for an additional inch of clearance, a wider stance, a more agressive tread, and a slightly rustier pair of wheels. Overall I am very happy with the results, here are a few pics, the first one is the before, the rest afters.

Swapped out the Case's rears today Case510

Swapped out the Case's rears today Case1010

Swapped out the Case's rears today Case1110

Swapped out the Case's rears today Case1210
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 12:47 am

Looks nice buzz,yea kinda pi$$ed with the forum this week,everytime I try to change the tractor of the week I get a not logged in window and it shows me logged in at the top I wish they would get this place straightened out!! KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 12:54 am

My error was I hit the "Backspace" on the keyboard and it sent my internet back a page, oops..

If you need me to try to change the Tractor of the Week let me know, I can give it a try. Last time I messed with it we agreed that you would change it up since I can't seem to work it myself. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 12:10 pm

not a big deal buzz I gotta get it figured out anyways.I know it's them i 'm doing the same thing i 've been doing since the forum started so it has to be them AGAIN!!! LOL KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:58 pm

Sure looks good Casey, especially sittin next to my CAT...... lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:13 pm

It does alright John, the Case has way better traction than the Caterpillar next to it. I think the Case has better weight distribution for one thing. I had the Case out today and I did a little side slope test based on the one I did the second week I used it for mowing just to see how much improvement the wider stance gave. Let's just say I chickened out way before the Case did. lol! I think it was 50 degree side slope.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:30 am

Yea them turf tires suck...........the Case probly has a heavier rearend than the CAT.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 6:39 pm

John, even though turfs suck over lugs, I believe weight distribution is key to traction. Right not the Case wins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:28 pm

hmm cant make sense of ur post casey. it may be lacking a few words. lol!

But i have to agree that weight distribution and a locking diff. can make a BIG difference even with crappy tires.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:58 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
John, even though turfs suck over lugs, I believe weight distribution is key to traction. Right not the Case wins. Very Happy

I have underlined the word I misspelled, it should be "now". I guess typing and thinking are two different functions. lol!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:00 pm

lol! Nice one buzz. slap some wheel weights on the cat and it might win. Esp. with the 18 horse twin............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swapped out the Case's rears today   Swapped out the Case's rears today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapped out the Case's rears today
Page 1 of 1