The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

The new cub I want your guys input

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

The new cub I want your guys input Empty
PostSubject: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:51 am

Well i want to tell you the story on the cub I got,if you don't know about it it's in another thread in general so you can see pics.first off the little simplicity 4208 is in nice shape,i've fixed/replaced anything that needed to be.It had a brand new seat on it new hubcaps and a brand new plastic nose piece.I've traded to my neighbor lady,she hated the cub because of the foot pedal drive and the safety stuff on it.I told her I could unhook some of it but she doesn't like that idea.I've cut her grass for 2 years and i'm selling her car for her.I haven't charged for either one.In a way I feel it's a fair trade for the stuff i've done for her but again I've never minded helping her out either and never expected anything.On the other hand i've been feeling guilty because I know the cub is a lot newer lot more expensive tractor.I did tell her I will paint the simplicity any color she liked and it will look very nice and also she would never have to worry about the simplicity I would always keep it serviced anything broke on it I would fix it and never charge her.So I want your guys opinion,do you think i'm taking advantage?,do you think it's a fair deal for both?.I would never rip off anyone on purpose she has nagged me about this deal for a month now.My uncle accused me of taking advantage of her and to be honest it has made me feel like crap every since,of course the big mouth has no idea what i've done for her either since I've moved here.I forgot I blow her driveway out all winter to.He wanted the little simplicity to and i'm wondering if his main problem is he didn't get it.Anyways give me your opinions,be honest to I don't mind,do you think I should give her money to? if so how much? add anything else?.I'll probably go with what you guys think is right,you'll see the purple simplicity I traded for the cub below The paint is getting old now but it is in very good shape,I've fixed replaced anything that needed to be and I will be taking it down and painting it whatever she wants.,,,,KW

The new cub I want your guys input Cub111

The new cub I want your guys input Sispur10
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Nathan Werneburg
Post Addict
Nathan Werneburg

PostSubject: Re: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:10 pm

well kw in light of everythig else the owner of it does know what she is doing and if u took the cub and sold it think about how much u have saved her in mowing and blowing alone personally i think she she keep the purple old lady mowin her yard on a purple mower think about it and yeah its a fair deal man since u are going to assume up keep and ect on the simplicity
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 2:37 pm

Well the way I see it you are doing her yard work anyway and where else can you get a mower with a lifetime service agreement. No I don't think you are taking advantage of her if she was to trade it in then she would be taken for a ride. If you own up to your side of the deal maint on the simplicity (and I believe you will ) then I think it is all fair. If you do make a real nice profit on the cub maybe take her out to dinner with the family..
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:14 pm

Well KW, I know the feeling, I bought a David Bradley walk behind in the weeds for $25 (I offered) and the lady took the money and I took the tractor. When I got home with it I felt bad that I didn't offer more because it was worth a couple times what I offered. Mom asked if both parties were happy with the deal and since the lady took the money quickly and joyfully and I made off with a cheap deal, both were happy. That is what I consider a fair deal ya know. I think your Uncle might have said what he said because he wanted the Simplicity. Just tell him that it was your tractor, your deal, and you feel that you made the right decision on it. I definitely wouldn't lose any sleep over it though, she was the one that nagged you to trade, so she obviously felt she did the right thing too.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 12:26 am

Thanks guys I really mean it what you guys said makes me feel better.I'm just going to let it go,she'll never have to worry about her yard as long as i'm around,.no biggie it's pretty nice and flat about 45 minutes to mow.I think I got her car sold to i'll not take any money for that so I think that will be fair enough.I will paint the simplicity any color she wants to if she prefers so you know thats getting to be not such a bad deal for her,I think you guys know a slick paint job is actually a lot of work so i'll end up earning the cub for it's over,thanks again you guys Smile KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new cub I want your guys input   The new cub I want your guys input Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new cub I want your guys input
Page 1 of 1