The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today

Go down 
+2
johnboggs21
Evan(PA)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Empty
PostSubject: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 10:50 pm

Well here it is. I have officially caught up to KW now with 2 Moto-Mowers. lol!

This one is a 1966 6024-100 (my other is a '67 6025-100). It came equipped with the 8 horse Kohler (K181S). Overall runs really well. Has working headlights, which I believe were optional at least on this model. Seller informed me it had been sitting awhile, but he put in a new battery, new ignition, voltage regulator, starter generator belt, spark plug, and a few other things to get it back into shape. This one came with a 42" deck and blade, just like my other Moto-Mower. It too is missing the battery cover and belt guard. The seller was a good guy and met me along I-80 so we didn't have to drive the whole way to Williamsport. Here's a few pics. I'll have to do a driving video sometime in the next few days.

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today IMG_1356

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today IMG_1360

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today IMG_1361

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today IMG_1365
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 10:58 pm

looks good
Back to top Go down
Nathan Werneburg
Post Addict
Nathan Werneburg

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:05 pm

at least the headlights work lol! to some people those are so important lol!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:06 pm

Nathan Werneburg wrote:
at least the headlights work lol! to some people those are so important lol!

lol! lol!

Ooooh you just burned buzz lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:07 pm

lol!

Good one Nate! Not all of mine have working lights...but at least this one does!
Back to top Go down
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:10 pm

cheers Nice tractor.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:20 pm

Nice looking MM Evan.

Now for you Nate, I need headlghts because I never finish a project before dark and I like test driving them afterwards.. already drove the Gilson in the dark, not as easy as it looks...
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 11:28 am

Dang it evan I like being in the lead I may just have to do something about that lol.Really like the updated foot rests.I don't care much for the pegs on the older ones but it's not like I use mine for a everyday mower either.I noticed they made a lot of changes.You know what year it is?.Does it run good?,nice find man the motomowers I think are starting to catch on you see a lot more online anymore,the cool thing is it may be because of us on the site and forum thats helping that Smile again nice find buddy...KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 11:29 am

wanted to add it looks like they did a real good job coming up with a newer style deck almost has a simplicity look to it with the rollers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 9:13 pm

KW,

This one is a 1966...my other is a 1967. The decks definitely did improve...although I've never mowed with one before. The seller did mow a small section of grass with this one and said it did cut good, but the center mandrel mounting plate is cracked, its missing the tension spring on the pto clutch on the deck, and the pulley on the tractor for the deck is rough. I have another identical deck that came with my other moto, but its missing a few pieces. As for how it runs, I'll let you be the judge of that. Watch the attached cold start and driving video. BTW, thats the first cold start I did on this tractor, so you'll notice it took a few tries to get the choke & throttle set right.

Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 9:21 pm

That squealing noise would drive me bannanas. Other than that seems pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my new Moto-Mower today   Picked up my new Moto-Mower today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up my new Moto-Mower today
Page 1 of 1