The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Got the ole rust bucket home

Go down 
+2
tracktor312
poncho62
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Got the ole rust bucket home Empty
PostSubject: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

Got the ole rust bucket home Tracto38

Got the ole rust bucket home Tracto39

Got the ole rust bucket home Tracto40

Got the ole rust bucket home Tracto41

Got the ole rust bucket home Tracto42

Aint much to look at, but the seat is the only thing missing and at 20 bucks I couldnt pass on it.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm

Good deal....is that a lift on the back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:59 pm

poncho62 wrote:

Yes thats some kind of lift. I think the linkage from the handle is missing though. Havent really checked it out yet. I do know the rear end is good on this one unlike the money pit Homelite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

JD wrote:
poncho62 wrote:

Yes thats some kind of lift. I think the linkage from the handle is missing though. Havent really checked it out yet. I do know the rear end is good on this one unlike the money pit Homelite.

Ok I had to go take a look at it and it does work, but thats about the only thing that does. It set in a barn with a leaking roof for twenty years and everything is rusted solid. The steering is even rusted solid.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 8:47 pm

Take your time and loosen everything up.....The last Ford I got, the carb throttle plate was seized solid....It took a week of soaking and boiling it in hot water and vinegar, but it loosened up.....Good luck with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 8:50 pm

poncho62 wrote:
Take your time and loosen everything up.....The last Ford I got, the carb throttle plate was seized solid....It took a week of soaking and boiling it in hot water and vinegar, but it loosened up.....Good luck with it

I got a full gallon of PB Blaster in the garage. That'll loosen it up. cheers
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

looks like a nice project !!! yeah some time soaking things will free up!!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 9:50 pm

Another good trick is trans fluid mixed with acetone that will get things moving!!!! ??? what happened to the Edit key on the page its impossible to change things affraid affraid affraid scratch lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:03 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Another good trick is trans fluid mixed with acetone that will get things moving!!!! ??? what happened to the Edit key on the page its impossible to change things affraid affraid affraid scratch lol!

Think I'll drop it in a cattle tank full of diesel. lol! Not sure about the edit tab. I'll take a look.

It's working for me. let me know if it still wont work.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:34 pm

Maybe I am nuts but I don't see it scratch scratch pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:44 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Top right corner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:40 pm

your a lucky Missourian lol
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm

hey...your tire is flat! lol!

Seriously though, that thing looks pretty straight and looks like it would clean up nice.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:03 am

JD wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:
Top right corner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Like a Star @ heaven

Nope just the quote button there and I just used it lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

i notice the edit tab gone too. thats why i posted twice on another thread i couldnt delete it
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:40 pm

love the look of those old things,pretty cool JD
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 10:30 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:

Seriously though, that thing looks pretty straight and looks like it would clean up nice.

Just on one side... Very Happy

Last edited by JD on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

JD wrote:
Evan(PA) wrote:

Just one one side... Very Happy

Just on one side lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 8:25 am

Evan(PA) wrote:

you should take it to a mechanic and have him fill it with air!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 6:39 pm

tractror312 quote:

now THATS funn-ee!!

I bet if we all 'splained, real slow and clear, how to air those tires up, we just might be able to talk JD through it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 9:56 pm

Gtractor wrote:
tractror312 quote:

now THATS funn-ee!!

I bet if we all 'splained, real slow and clear, how to air those tires up, we just might be able to talk JD through it. Laughing

I already know how to air em up smart guy. Three cans of ether and a match. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 10:24 pm

JD why can u use edit lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 10:32 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
JD why can u use edit lol

How long has the edit button been missing? I havent messed with anything for a while so if it's gone missing recently KW did it...lol (blame the guy thats not around at the time)

Really, I've sat here for the last couple of nights trying to figure it out and it's got me stumped. I'll keep messin with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the ole rust bucket home   Got the ole rust bucket home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got the ole rust bucket home
Page 1 of 1