The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

motomower question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:53 pm

I am new to the motomower products, I got this one in my garage and would like some info about it.
Model 6020E
Type 100B
Ser # 10228

Deck Model 6120E, Type 100, Serial 10188

B&S engine Modell 147401, type 0197 01 Code 6604071

I'd like to know anything you can tell me about it, year made, where to get manuals, parts, etc.

Anything will help. It is in really good condition and I'd like to restore it.

What are these things worth?

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: Re: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 1:09 am

Well, I can tell you this much. Your tractor is a 1966. The 6020E is a 6hp model that should be equipped with electric start, and the deck model # indicates its a 32" deck. I believe this is the model that came with no fenders and only the half drive belt guard, but a picture of it could confirm that. Interestingly enough, the model and type #'s off of your engine do not exactly correspond with either the Moto-Mower or Lawnmaster version of this tractor as listed in the 1966 service manual, indicating that there were probably several different versions of this tractor available. So now to the tricky part...where to get manuals and parts. All of the Moto Mower stuff I own with the exception of the one tractor and its attachments came through ebay. I've got some stuff pretty reasonably, and other stuff that I really wanted I got outbid. Parts for the engine should be easy to comeby either online, or at hardware stores or dealers that deal with B & S stuff. Many other parts on the tractor are obsolete and can be difficult to track down. As to what its worth, without seeing a picture its hard to place a value on it, but if it is in good shape its probably worth a couple hundred dollars anyway.
Back to top Go down
billygoat

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: Re: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 10:32 pm

i have recently acquired a garden tractor under the hood it says porter cable type 26718 serial 9255 what do i have
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: Re: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 10:41 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Does it look like one of these: http://www.motomow.com/porter_cable_to.html

Or this: http://www.motomow.com/motomower_porter_cable.html

What you have is most likely late 1950s.

Are you in eastern Ontario (near Ottawa?).
Back to top Go down
robert jackson

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: Re: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

hi, does anyone know of decals for 60,s motomowers. ebay stores etc,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

motomower question Empty
PostSubject: Re: motomower question   motomower question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

motomower question
Page 1 of 1