The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Homelite?????

Go down 
+2
tracktor312
Jared Olson for SO IL
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:33 am

I'm going to go look at a LT16 Homelite tomarrow. I aint got a clue to what it is. Anybody know anything about Homelite mowers? All I know is it's 16 horse, big, blue and it's hydro.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:55 am

JD wrote:
I'm going to go look at a LT16 Homelite tomarrow. I aint got a clue to what it is. Anybody know anything about Homelite mowers? All I know is it's 16 horse, big, blue and it's hydro.

Same as Simplicity. I think Simplicity made em. AC is in there somewhere 2
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 12:18 pm

COOL! I was told it runs and the kid that has it wants $100 for it. So I'm thinking I can get it for around $75...lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 2:29 pm

Yes alot were made by simplicity if its one they are great tractors I like the blue better than the simplicity orange if you get it we need pics .....
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:34 pm

Homelite????? IMG_1838

Here's one that showed up at a local show last year. It was a '74 model T-10. I believe it had a Briggs.
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:38 pm

Brought the Homelite home. Needs a lil love, but it'll make a cool tractor when it's done. Needs a starter/gen, the cluth for the deck is gone and I think it might have some rear end problems. I only gave $50 for it so what the heck. Worst comes to worst I'll put the 16 horse Kohler on the original. All the tins are straight and the deck is fair.

Homelite????? Tracto18

Homelite????? Tracto19

Homelite????? Tracto20

I luv the headlights.
Homelite????? Tracto21
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 11:57 pm

Yeah nice looks better than the simplicity I think looks like the pto for the deck is there the clutch up front is for the blower the lever under your left knee is for the deck I believe!! Also it should be a Briggs
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 3:53 am

neat find - and a tractor you don't see every day
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 9:41 pm

Nice find I would have bought for 50 would fit in nice with my simplicitys and AC
The front clutch is not there but on the BGB is there and the deck belt goes off that to run your deck .
and if you are having rear end trouble try draining the fluid put new filter on and it take 3 Quarts to refill it and once they get so low they dont run worth %$#^ . ALL i have is simplicity/AC
Need any other questions anwered email me @
simplicity_ac@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:48 pm

Thanks for heading me in the right direction on the clutch setup. I didnt have much time to look at it, I made sure the engine wasnt locked up, offered the kid $50 and ran. havent had time yet to look it over and see what engine it has. I was going off what he told me and he aint real smart. One thing you all can help me with is the right wheel hub and the lever on top of the hydro unit. The right wheel hub you can see in the pic and under the body on top of the rear end is a L shaped lever that pulls straight up. looks like it sets on top of a pair of valves.
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 9:29 pm

Homelite????? Tracto22
This is the lever over the two valves. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 8:40 am

I believe you need to clean those valve up a little and get them to move they are for free wheeling the tractor if you need to push it they release the hydro so it will roll
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 6:11 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
I believe you need to clean those valve up a little and get them to move they are for free wheeling the tractor if you need to push it they release the hydro so it will roll

ya notin like pushin a hydro lol
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:00 pm

Kinda thought that was for free wheeling. You should of seen us loading it on the trailer with the rear wheels locked...Made me feel my age.

lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:31 pm

Have you worked on her yet?? I always wanted the homelite. We have a winch on the trailer makes it easy even by myself. All tractors are winched on weather they run or not.
Back to top Go down

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:22 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Have you worked on her yet?? I always wanted the homelite. We have a winch on the trailer makes it easy even by myself. All tractors are winched on weather they run or not.

Havent had time to touch it yet. I've been thinking about mounting a atv winch on the front of my trailer for a while now. After loading the homelite It's going to get mounted real quick.
I did go out and turn over the engine by hand and I think the compression is a little on the low side. I was told it ran, but smoked a lil. Hope it dont smoke as bad as a walk behind I've seen on here...lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:45 pm

JD wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

Havent had time to touch it yet. I've been thinking about mounting a atv winch on the front of my trailer for a while now. After loading the homelite It's going to get mounted real quick.
I did go out and turn over the engine by hand and I think the compression is a little on the low side. I was told it ran, but smoked a lil. Hope it dont smoke as bad as a walk behind I've seen on here...lol

Concerning the ATV winch.

Make sure ya get a good one. Grandpa had HF one that he mounted to a trailer, and we used it to pull a small dozer, about 800 lbs, onto it. The winch was rated for 1200 IIRC, and would only pull the damn thing about 4 inches before it would kick out.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 4:10 am

Ok, its 2 O'clock in the mornin', so I may be a little out of it - but I think my 'new' Gravely just got slammed ----- AGAIN Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 10:36 am

Thats OK its old enough to smoke if it wants most don't go that long and it willl still do the work of 3 others!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homelite????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homelite?????   Homelite????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homelite?????
Page 1 of 1