The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

got a belt problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: got a belt problem   got a belt problem Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 6:25 pm

alright guys, this is on the murray. When you put it in any gear and let off the clutch the belt will grab and you move a little bit and then it will throw the belt. I did a little investigating and found the pulley on the transaxle to be slightly bent. I straitened it up as best i could and it didnt seem to make any difference. Then i noticed that the bolts that hold the rearend to the frame were a little loose. I tightened those up and still no difference. The belt stays on in all gears at idle and about half throttle whether you dump the clutch or feather it, it doesnt change anything. What yall think?
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 7:58 pm

Something is probably out of alignment somewhere........How old is the belt?....Is there a tensioner that might be out of alignment?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 8:07 pm

ive checked the alignment and everything looks good. Belt is quite a few years old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got a belt problem
Page 1 of 1