The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol

Go down 
+2
poncho62
wvbuzzmaster
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Empty
PostSubject: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:58 am

I had put Motomow.com decals on my T-100 back in the summer and last month when cleaning the truck off and shoveling the driveway of a rare 1 foot snow fall I noticed an "O" in the driveway, so I picked it up. Half hour later I realized it was from my decal! So as I looked at the decal and stuck the "O" back on I noticed an "M" was missing as well!! I asked mom if she had noticed the decal coming off and she said that both letters were laying in the driveway last she saw... So one very white "M" got shoveled with the snowfall to be a long lost letter.. dang. lol!
I could borrow an "M" out of another decal but I don't know the exact fate of the T-100 from day to day now that I have a Tundra. I just thought you guys might like a warning to check your decals before clearing the driveway. lol!
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 9:42 am

Decals made in China?.......I put mine is a safe place and forgot where that place was....It will turn up, not in a snowbank. .......lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 2:38 pm

Well you should have put it on a Chevy.. lol! did you clean the area with alcohol before putting the decal on?? could have been wax or oil on the paint. Alot of times toyotas are made from sardine cans and they are pretty oily

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 4:22 pm

[b]been on my chevy blazer since the first day I got them,look brand new I think larry is right it's what you put them on LOL KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Well you should have put it on a Chevy.. lol! did you clean the area with alcohol before putting the decal on?? could have been wax or oil on the paint. Alot of times toyotas are made from sardine cans and they are pretty oily

lol! lol! lol!

Couldn't have said it better!!!! lol!

I told you over and over to get a Silverado Casey!!!

Seriously though, didn't you tell me that you forgot to clean the one side before you put the decal on???
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:15 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Couldn't have said it better!!!! lol!

I told you over and over to get a Silverado Casey!!!

Seriously though, didn't you tell me that you forgot to clean the one side before you put the decal on???

I stuck them on the windows, they still look new, except for the missing "M". lol!

As for cleaning, the first side was learning so I didn't bother to clean it. lol!

Then, you watched me stick the other decal on, and the most I did was wipe it off with my sleeve. lol!

And I don't need a third pickup truck. Besides, I still haven't gotten my free Silverado test drive. lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

You don't want to test drive A silverado!! If you do you will realize what a real truck is then you will have to have one. That means the yotas will have to go cheers
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 12:30 am

whoa it's slam yer ride thread in here lol
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 1:16 am

Motomow wrote:
whoa it's slam yer ride thread in here lol

I ain't gonna lower my standards and join them either. lol!

I hate to make one of 'em cry. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:09 am

[b]ok well here's my opinion on it all.I am a chevy guy always have been BUT! I also know buzz's truck is a lot better than my poor old worn out blazer it still run's really good but it has 165,000 on it and does have a few issue's of course I owe nothing on it but it is getting old and worn out.It has a hard time pulling my trailer with my quad on it,well really has no problem pulling it but sucks gas because you can't use overdrive when your pulling stuff.It will probably run a long time yet,but buzz's truck I know is a lot nicer,am I a chevy guy yes,but when something is newer and nicer it just is.My choice between a new toyota or a new silverado would be the chevy but older guy's like me are set in thier ways I owned 2 chevy's before I turned 16 years old so it kinda gets branded in your blood.My uncles (5 of them) bought brand new 1969 chevelles SS's on the same day,that as a kid will make you a chevy guy in a big way,especially when they take you for a ride a romp on them lol KW
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

I prefer Chevys myself but then again I should I own 4 lol!

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Truck10[/url
[img][url=https://servimg.com/view/13630157/399]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Vette_10
[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Vette_11[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Chevro10[/img]
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 7:47 pm

Motomow wrote:
[b]ok well here's my opinion on it all.I am a chevy guy always have been BUT! I also know buzz's truck is a lot better than my poor old worn out blazer it still run's really good but it has 165,000 on it and does have a few issue's of course I owe nothing on it but it is getting old and worn out.It has a hard time pulling my trailer with my quad on it,well really has no problem pulling it but sucks gas because you can't use overdrive when your pulling stuff.It will probably run a long time yet,but buzz's truck I know is a lot nicer,am I a chevy guy yes,but when something is newer and nicer it just is.My choice between a new toyota or a new silverado would be the chevy but older guy's like me are set in thier ways I owned 2 chevy's before I turned 16 years old so it kinda gets branded in your blood.My uncles (5 of them) bought brand new 1969 chevelles SS's on the same day,that as a kid will make you a chevy guy in a big way,especially when they take you for a ride a romp on them lol KW

I have both my 4x4 Toyota's right now. My 1996 T-100 SR5 with 3.4 L V6, I owned it for 1.75 years and put 36k miles on it for a grand total of 202k miles. It is only a 3 owner truck, and the first owner put 164k miles on it. No body work ever done on it best I can tell with AutoCheck involved, and minor rust.

Then, I have my recently purchased 2000 Toyota Tundra Limited with 148k miles. Has the 4.7 L V8 in it, an access cab, and fully loaded with options, including leather, woodgrain, and power everything. It's nice, cept for the scratches and minor dents for the most part. The interior is clean, the tires are new, and I got a heck of a deal on it, which is why I purchased it before winter.

These trucks rock though, can't hardly hurt 'em, ride great, good stance, and all a truck should be, granted the towing capacites aren't the highest, but I don't need all that much, the Tundra has 7000 towing capacity, over the T100 with 5000 towing capacity. While other pickups are better qualified for bigger jobs, most people rarely use their trucks to full potential, unless a designated work truck.

Also, other brands don't hold their values as well, have high repair costs, and half are struggling right now with the economy.
So good luck to ya'll buying new GM products, hope the White House has a good auto repair shop hooked to one of its wings. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 8:02 pm

Well geez buzz thought it was newer it a worse peice o crap than my old blazer LOL.You can't really go on about towing capacity company's going under none of that,your talking older vehicles like ours none of that matters engines get older weaker as the tranny's.I really don't think repair bills are any higher either for chevy's so don't know where ya get your info on that.I would argue all day long about value to Old chevy trucks are still way up there when you go to buy one ford to for that matter.They may have fixed the rust problem with the foreign trucks and they really needed to the old datsun's,toyota's and nissans would run forever but you were riding in the wind like a dune buggy they had no bodies left....
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 8:24 pm

Motomow wrote:
Well geez buzz thought it was newer it a worse peice o crap than my old blazer LOL.You can't really go on about towing capacity company's going under none of that,your talking older vehicles like ours none of that matters engines get older weaker as the tranny's.I really don't think repair bills are any higher either for chevy's so don't know where ya get your info on that.I would argue all day long about value to Old chevy trucks are still way up there when you go to buy one ford to for that matter.They may have fixed the rust problem with the foreign trucks and they really needed to the old datsun's,toyota's and nissans would run forever but you were riding in the wind like a dune buggy they had no bodies left....

I just threw in the new crap just for the benefit of those with newer trucks, with about 10k miles. lol!

I threw in towing capacities cause that's a number I use to place it in a truck sizing class. It ain't about size, it's about capabilty.

My Toyota's ain't very bad runners, the T-100 gets about 19 MPG with the hills of West Virginia running about 70-75 on the highway.
The Tundra is getting about 17-18, just calculated that today, not sure for 100% if thats right on the money, I haven't taken many random milage checks. I suspect it's right, it requires about the same to fill it as the T-100 under the same conditions.

So hows your blazer doing on fuel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 10:16 pm

OK, I've got to get in on this. LOL! Since I have the biggest clunker I'll slam it lol. It's a 92 F150 with a 300 six banger with 193000 miles on it. Left window don't work, had two gas tanks, one is missing, front bumper is falling off, rear bumper looks like the a$$ end of hard times, the a/c dont work, The heater dont work (drove it 60 miles to work when it was -12 saturday) the radio only works when the headlights are on, the left door only opens from outside, it's rusty, has the wrong mirrors on it so you can still see original holes in doors.
Paid $150 for it and if you mess with me in your new truck I'll drive straight through you!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:39 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Motomow wrote:

I just threw in the new crap just for the benefit of those with newer trucks, with about 10k miles. lol!

I threw in towing capacities cause that's a number I use to place it in a truck sizing class. It ain't about size, it's about capabilty.

My Toyota's ain't very bad runners, the T-100 gets about 19 MPG with the hills of West Virginia running about 70-75 on the highway.
The Tundra is getting about 17-18, just calculated that today, not sure for 100% if thats right on the money, I haven't taken many random milage checks. I suspect it's right, it requires about the same to fill it as the T-100 under the same conditions.

So hows your blazer doing on fuel?

I haven't ever calculated it to the gallon buzz but it's actually really good just driving it.It's the worst i've ever seen when you pull a trailer,I bought my quad in southern indiana about a 400 mile round trip 2 almost 2 friggen tanks of gas to get home,I thought there was a hole in the tank but there wasn't lol.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:43 pm

JD wrote:
OK, I've got to get in on this. LOL! Since I have the biggest clunker I'll slam it lol. It's a 92 F150 with a 300 six banger with 193000 miles on it. Left window don't work, had two gas tanks, one is missing, front bumper is falling off, rear bumper looks like the a$$ end of hard times, the a/c dont work, The heater dont work (drove it 60 miles to work when it was -12 saturday) the radio only works when the headlights are on, the left door only opens from outside, it's rusty, has the wrong mirrors on it so you can still see original holes in doors.
Paid $150 for it and if you mess with me in your new truck I'll drive straight through you!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

One of my all time favorite trucks sounds pretty close to that JD 1973 ford f-150 straight 6 not a straight place on it,2 tone green called the grass hopper lol.It did have heat tho geez man 12 with no heat is a ruff ride...

My 2nd fav was a 1960 chevy apache 10 straight 6 3 on the tree same pretty much ugly green her name was lucy couldn't kill that truck
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

I still have a green ford Embarassed
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol F250_010[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol F250_011[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:17 am

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol 71_111

sounds like u guys say there somethin wrong wit green trucks Sad lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:31 am

wvbuzzmaster wrote:

Hmm...I guess that statement is directed at me. I love my Silverado, def. wouldn't trade it for a yota anyday lol. Although someday when I have more money I'm gonna have to get an older Chevy truck to go with it! You guys were talkin' about fuel mileage....I've seen mine vary greatly. The truck has the 5.3L V8, and its suppose to have that active fuel management where it shuts half the cylinders down at highway cruising speeds. Honestly, I can't tell when its running on the 4 cylinders...always seems like its running on 8 to me. But as for my mileage, the best I've gotten was about 19.5 mpg, which was on the 4 hr highway trip from my place to Casey's. The worst I've gotten was 12.5 mpg pulling a trailer on I80 averaging 75+ mph, and my dad was driving not me. But driving back and forth to work everday I get between 16.5 and 17.5 usually.

Larry, that is probably my favorite style of Ford truck hands down. Always liked that body style, just like I love the Chevy's of that era too!

And JD, get us some pics of your beater lol! Gotta love that 300 straight six....those engines run forever.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:32 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention...Jared, get some new rockers on the Jimmy! lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 8:44 am

Evan(PA) wrote:
wvbuzzmaster wrote:

Hmm...I guess that statement is directed at me. I love my Silverado, def. wouldn't trade it for a yota anyday lol. Although someday when I have more money I'm gonna have to get an older Chevy truck to go with it! You guys were talkin' about fuel mileage....I've seen mine vary greatly. The truck has the 5.3L V8, and its suppose to have that active fuel management where it shuts half the cylinders down at highway cruising speeds. Honestly, I can't tell when its running on the 4 cylinders...always seems like its running on 8 to me. But as for my mileage, the best I've gotten was about 19.5 mpg, which was on the 4 hr highway trip from my place to Casey's. The worst I've gotten was 12.5 mpg pulling a trailer on I80 averaging 75+ mph, and my dad was driving not me. But driving back and forth to work everday I get between 16.5 and 17.5 usually.

Larry, that is probably my favorite style of Ford truck hands down. Always liked that body style, just like I love the Chevy's of that era too!

And JD, get us some pics of your beater lol! Gotta love that 300 straight six....those engines run forever.

I knew that was a sure fire way to get you in on this thread. lol!

I agree on old fords, and the straight 6, first vehicle I drove was an 89 F150 with a straight 6 and aut transmission. If if had been 4x4 Dad wouldn't have sold it. If I hadn't been 12 at the time I would have said don't sell it... but what was I gotta do with a truck when i had no license??? I wish i had that truck back... but won't spend more than $999 to replace it, but want more Ford than it was... which Dad paid $777 for the 89 ford.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

My truck will get 20mpg on the highway around 17 normal driving and pulling the 28 ft camper.
the 77 ford I got around 91-92
The first truck I ever bought brand new was a 1987 ford f-150 4x4 with a 6 cyl 4 speed it was a great truck paid 12150. off the floor 2 tone gray w/silver.had it 2 years then bought a K-5 blazer and never looked back. its been GM since.
1995 cmc extended cab 4x4.
1997 tahoe
1999 suburban
2005 silverado

Along with the blazer and the f-250 I had a car also it was a 1988 lincoln LSC that I wish I still had was by far my favorite vehicle...
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:51 am

tracktor312 wrote:
I still have a green ford Embarassed
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol F250_010[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol F250_011[/img]

my old grasshopper was the same color larry looked just like yours in the front to but was a long bed fleet side,one of the best old trucks I ever had.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 11:06 am

Mine used to be a long bed but I wanted to be diff. so I cut 16" out of the frame and driveshaft and put on a stepside bed they never made a 3/4 ton stepside with a 6' bed 4x4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next