The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Cub Cadet transaxle lube

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dcpuller

Cub Cadet transaxle lube Empty
PostSubject: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 9:45 pm

Could some one tell me how much 90w is needed for a model 1000 Cub Cadet transaxle. Thanks, Dave S
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:07 am

Not a real expert on cubs dave,I would just buy a couple of bottles of 90w. keep pouring until it runs out the top,If I remember right they have the same type of fill and drain plugs as most of the rest of the garden tractors.Traktor312 (larry) i'm sure can tell you,he's kind of our go to guy in here Smile I'm just not sure myself.I posted a direct link below from motomow.com that takes you directly to the cub cadet section,it might tell you somewhere in there also,,,,,,,,,,,KW

http://www.motomow.com/cub__cadet.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:48 am

To be honest I don't know much about cubs I have only had one and I only had it for about a week never even worked on it. Sorry
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 9:17 pm

I always like to keep a gallon jug of 90W around, car rears take the same....Plus, a gallon costs just a bit more than 2 quart jugs usually do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm

If it fills through a plug on top of rear end it should have a level plug about half way up on one side. If the fill plug is on the side of the transaxle fill it to bottom of fill plug hole. 80w90w is thick, so the more you put in the harder it's going to be for the gears to turn when it's cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet transaxle lube   Cub Cadet transaxle lube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cub Cadet transaxle lube
Page 1 of 1