The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Empty
PostSubject: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:40 pm

Well Guys,

I replaced the original battery and starter cables with new 4 guage cables which were bigger than the original 6 guagers. The only problem I ran into was corrosion on the tarter switch. I guess I juggled some wire and it didn't agree with that. So after cleaning up the ignition switch terminals all is well. It will crank over at least a dozen revolutions in a row without stopping now, which was enough to get it running. Very Happy

Last i heard that tractor run wa beginning of April, so I'm happy now. Very Happy

The compression release is still in the plan, but for now I am not going to me with that. I am going to focus on the cosmetics until I have a problem again. Arrow
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:40 pm

Good deal KC. cheers

and the best of luck to ur compression release
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 12:17 am

sounds good casey now maybe some new points a plug and it should start on the first or second revolution and you will be happy for a while...
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 1:04 am

It would have started faster than it did today if I had put some more gas in the tank, and if i had been the one starting it. Dad used too much choke the first time LOL. If it weren't for that and the fact that I've never been able to start the thing without a problem I would know the settings to start the econd revolution os so. It does have a new plug already, and the points are good, so I'm not messing with it right now, it works LOL.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 1:22 am

yeah they all have there own minds my briggs in the gravely will only start with no choke and no throttle no matter what the temp is ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last   The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gilson starts itself.... wonder how long this will last
Page 1 of 1