The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

tractors at the house

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

tractors at the house Empty
PostSubject: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 6:29 pm

When I moved in my house for the first 2 years ther were some parade and antique pulling tractors for fairgrounds in my barn. dont know what some of them were. AN oliver
tractors at the house Paint-10

A farmall M and H, and two others
tractors at the house 28048710

tractors at the house Steel11

The forn 8N was the only one that came with the house. It was not parade quality.
The others had been sitty in my barn for about 8 years ever since the owner passed.

My wife has the pics of the actual tractors from when the guys sons came and took them home.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 6:50 pm

Sounds like u need to get a Farmall Ohmar over an 8N. Jus ask Ev im sure hed agree lol!
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 8:44 pm

seem cheap enough, what do I need to run a 6 ft 3 pt. PTO finish mower , mower is only a few years old, got it free
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 8:48 pm

doesnt take much to power a mower jus got to find one wit a 3 pt hitch i think a C or a Super C would be good for that. Id say H, but if your just mowin wit it you dont need much.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:05 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
Sounds like u need to get a Farmall Ohmar over an 8N. Jus ask Ev im sure hed agree lol!

Yeah right! lol!

Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against Farmall's, but if I had to pick between a Farmall and an 8N, I'd choose the 8N anyday. My dad bought his 8N in 1984, and other than a rebuild in about 1990 and routine maintenance, nothing has ever really gone wrong with it. Here's a pic:

tractors at the house IMG_0398
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:08 pm

I thinkthey should of painted all of them blue i like how it looks better than that gray. My gpa Rednour had a 400 and and 8N. The 8N never ran that i can remember.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:28 pm

I thinkthey should of painted all of them blue i like how it looks better than that gray. My gpa Rednour had a 400 and and 8N. The 8N never ran that i can remember.

That tractor has been painted that way ever since he bought it. Someday we'll put it back to red and gray. I also like them painted blue and white...blue belly with white sheet metal and wheels.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:34 pm

or u can jus paint it all red. ill give you a paint code IH2150 lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:40 pm

or u can jus paint it all red. ill give you a paint code IH2150 lol!

On a Ford???...nah! lol!

Someone locally took an old Bolens tractor like mine and painted it all red and put IH decals on it. I'll get a picture of it if it shows up at the shows this summer.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:49 pm

prolly gave that bolens more HP lol! i thought bout doin that to the Gilson b4 i gutted it lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:56 pm

prolly gave that bolens more HP lol! i thought bout doin that to the Gilson b4 i gutted it lol!

I'm sure it did! lol!

I thought you were going to paint the Yeo up like that? lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:01 pm

no ill paint the YEO the way it should be lol but any MTD that gets in my hands maybe will get some RED POWER lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:07 pm

no ill paint the YEO the way it should be lol but any MTD that gets in my hands maybe will get some RED POWER lol!

Well thats all well and good...but I don't think paint is going to make an MTD any better!!! (unless its an MTD 990) lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:11 pm

lol! we should ask John if paintin a Murray a diff color of red helps lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

Well it still struggled to pull the Huskee so I would say NO!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:15 pm

lol! that tells you MTD is better than Murray lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:18 pm

lol! that tells you MTD is better than Murray lol!

Well, I wouldn't bet my life savings on that statement...but the old MTD tractors were actually pretty well built...I won't even talk about the newer stuff! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

ill take a dirty ol penny over a new one. If u see wat im sayin
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 11:17 pm

ill take a dirty ol penny over a new one. If u see wat im sayin

Yeah...I have to agree with ya there in most circumstances.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm

Well............not really lol!

its close to the same shade of red, but not quite lol!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 12:35 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:

Well it still struggled to pull the Huskee so I would say NO!!!! lol!

That was just cus of the extra wheels. If it didnt have that dead axle i could drag the Huskee around all day with the brakes on.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 8:07 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:

Well thats all well and good...but I don't think paint is going to make an MTD any better!!! (unless its an MTD 990) lol!

I was about to get upset and start setting up some challenges. lol!
You know our buddy that does the Tractor rodeo said that the 990 won the heavier competitions in its weight class which would be around 920 lbs at the first tractor rodeo this year. Not a deere not a case BUt a big fat ugly MTD scratch hooooyaaaa
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 8:10 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
Evan(PA) wrote:

I was about to get upset and start setting up some challenges. lol!
You know our buddy that does the Tractor rodeo said that the 990 won the heavier competitions in its weight class which would be around 920 lbs at the first tractor rodeo this year. Not a deere not a case BUt a big fat ugly MTD scratch hooooyaaaa

I was talkin bout new MTDs. I dont think id have a problem wit a old one
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

Dont worry Jared, I wasnt going to challenge your tractors, (maybe Johnny) even with you driving them lol!
Maybe if I add some water and fertilizer to mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tractors at the house   tractors at the house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tractors at the house
Page 1 of 1