The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

started collectin?

Go down 
+3
tracktor312
poncho62
Jared Olson for SO IL
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 1:17 am

Wat got u all into collectin tractors? Wat got me started in Farmalls was prolly my Gpa Olson when he bought the 350. Then dad wanted a tractor and he bought a 300 Utility. Then dad did electrical work for a guy who had a 400 and dad ask if he would sell it and he said no , but a week later it was in the trader lol and dad bought it. Then the B was a spur of the moment deal sittin beside the road for sail. Then the M came along at an auction. The 450 we bought at a dealer type thing in Hillsboro IL. And the H we saw a deal on it and thought heck might as well get it.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 8:20 am

My interest in National Mowers came from when my dad had one when I was a kid.........

started collectin? Nation13

I ended up with 4 of them, sold one, now have 3......Also, some other makes....I will drag almost anything home.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 8:48 am

My problems started when My father-in-law passed away I inherited all his tols and with them was a sears custom 10 XL that he bought new I still have every piece of paper for the tractor all manuals and even the sales slip it came with mower deck 3ph rotary snowplos disc harrow tine harrow and more still in my garage tucked away. That was 12 years ago I have had 100 or more since but that one is still here.....
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:03 pm

dont know, couldnt afford cars nor did I have the room so when I moved to the country I bought a craftsman and it wasnt big enough so I painted it very nicely like the general Lee for my kid to mow on or goof around on and then bought another and so on and so on. The more people tell me I am crazy the more I like it. Wish I had pics of my general lee tractor Johnny would like it.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:31 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
dont know, couldnt afford cars nor did I have the room so when I moved to the country I bought a craftsman and it wasnt big enough so I painted it very nicely like the general Lee for my kid to mow on or goof around on and then bought another and so on and so on. The more people tell me I am crazy the more I like it. Wish I had pics of my general lee tractor Johnny would like it.

who wouldnt like it
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:30 am

my wife, she was embarressed anytime I would use it. I would go pop wheelies in front of people and man that made her mad. She says what happened to you when I met you, you were preppy. LOL Not no more, yeeeeehaaawwwww
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 11:26 am

ohmar99 wrote:
my wife, she was embarressed anytime I would use it. I would go pop wheelies in front of people and man that made her mad. She says what happened to you when I met you, you were preppy. LOL Not no more, yeeeeehaaawwwww

You a prep. I cant picture anyone here a prep lol. Did u have a dixie horn? lol
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 11:56 am

It started with me when I was about 18 the neighbor gave me an old antique push mower.I got it running all by myself and just got into it.I've been hooked on anything small engine every since.I ran a home based lawn mower shop for years,now I just fix them for myserlf,,,,KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
ptmmatssc

ptmmatssc

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 8:23 pm

Actually needed a tractor . Had several "lawn tractors" before , but needed a real "work tractor" . Bought my Simplicity 3210V for $200 and haven't looked back .

Just find the old tractors to be works of art in a simple way . Now every time I see another one , I just have to have it .
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 8:56 pm

Well............
I wanted something to tug a trailer, plow snow with, and just to play around with. Ended up slapping a 4 horse on a murray LT. lol!
Does what i want and has good fuel economy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

started collectin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: started collectin?   started collectin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

started collectin?
Page 1 of 1