The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...

Go down 
+7
whfan74
Motomow
Nathan Werneburg
wvbuzzmaster
tracktor312
poncho62
downunder kiwi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
downunder kiwi

I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Empty
PostSubject: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 7:03 am

Well Ken - you'll be pleased to know I have finally got my A into G & have registered as a memebr of this amazing forum & site!!
For the others who don't know me... where do I start.
My name is Chris Curtis & I live in Rotorua New Zealand. A small country south east of Australia. Our population is approx 4 1/2 million. My wife & I are commercial mowing contractors & landscape maintenance contractors so we keep our selves pretty busy down here. Anyway love my garden tractors etc & one day came across ebay & found a real nice Pennsylvania Panzer that I really loved the look of. New Zealand has absolutely nothing like these vintage garden tractors down here... I decided to put a bid in on the blimmin thing for the hell of it & blow me down I won the auction. Then I found a John Deere 110 round fender on ebay & I won that auction too. Then just to top it all of I found an awesome Lambert that Ken was selling & I won that auction too... God am I a sucker. It was pretty cheap for me to buy the tractors but then I had to get them sent back here!!!! VERY EXPENSIVE but VERY WORTH IT!!! These awesome little machines had taken over my life for a while & I was like a kid when the crates arrived. It was just like Xmas again but better. I am the only person in New Zealand to have a Panzer, a JD 110 & a Lambert. There are probably guys inthe States that would kill to have what I have - I do appreciate that I am very lucky. Ken has posted pics on his site but I will try to add more as I go along.
Glad to meet all of you & look forward to spending many posts with you all too. Thanks Ken you are awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 10:27 am

another foreigner.....lol

Welcome Chris....I am in Canada, a bit closer to these guys, but still foreign......

Show us some pics of the collection when you get time.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 11:19 am

Welcome aboard ..
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 11:35 am

Hey Chris, great to see you joined up. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nathan Werneburg
Post Addict
Nathan Werneburg

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 12:32 pm

welcome and dont mind the others they are all crazy lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 1:26 pm

Hey Chris!!
So awesome to see ya join up buddy!!.Foreigner guys like you and poncho make us look like we are somebody now Smile Hey guys you can see chris's really cool collection on motomow.com I'll post the direct link below.Chris and his family are just awesome people,i 've talked to him on the phone a few times.The main thing is no matter how far away some of us are we all still have the same passion for garden tractors to me that is a awesome deal again so glad to see ya chris don't be a stranger come in and talk to us when ya can I know the guys would love to hear from ya Smile KW

http://www.motomow.com/lambert_copar_panzer.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 3:32 pm

Motomow wrote:
Chris and his family are just awesome people,i 've talked to him on the phone a few times.]

They have phones there???? Got us beat......... lol!

Checking out his collection now.................. affraid
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 3:36 pm

Looks like a very nice place to live Chris........Love the Chevy Ute....and that dump truck is cool too........
Back to top Go down
whfan74

whfan74

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 4:01 pm

Welcome aboard Chris......

I haven't been here long but I have had a chance to meet KW in person. He is a great stand up guy......have chatted with a few others and this place is a blast.

Great looking tractors you have.......I could only imagine when the shipments came to the door what you had to be feeling!
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 6:40 pm

Chris just wanted to add my welcome to the site & hope to see you here more often.
You know just the other day I was wondering about that Lambert GT that Ken had at one time....now I know. Shocked
You must be a serious GT enthusiest to have them shipped half way around the world!
Please post some pictures here of your collectables & any other unique New Zealand lawn/garden machinery.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 9:08 pm

Welcome to the forum chris...........
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 9:11 pm

I tell ya guys you would not believe the hassle chris went thru to get those tractors,I pretty much know the whole story on it and chris has to have the patience of a saint!!.Just the lambert was a nightmare for him and i'm sure the other 2 were not much better.The cool thing tho is you can tell on his page he was so happy to get them there.I thought the whole experience was just awesome,I was so proud to own a tractor that went all the way to new zealand and made a new friend that lives on the other side of the world Smile KW
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 10:53 am

welcome aboard Chris, is there anyway we can get close up pics of the panzer, that thing is cool. I like the color scheme, I was voting for those colors on the forum business card.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 8:58 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
welcome aboard Chris, is there anyway we can get close up pics of the panzer, that thing is cool. I like the color scheme, I was voting for those colors on the forum business card.

Hey ohmar,I could change the greenish colored card to that blue if you wanted,it's really not a big deal changing the main background stuff,it would just be kind of a hassle if everybody wanted different colors lol.I don't think it's a big deal to be color spoecific.Let me know if you want cards like that Smile KW
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 11:45 am

I was just messing with you guys, besides I thought his panzer was black and red.
Back to top Go down
HorseFixer

HorseFixer

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 8:56 am

Welcome Chris! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolverine-synthetics.com
downunder kiwi

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 8:20 am

Hey Guys, Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the forum. What a good bunch you seem to be (well most of you) the rest just seem as fruity as a fruit cake!!!! but I like it.
All is well down here in NZ apart from the "swine flu" making it's nasty prescence felt in our piece of paradise. Unfortunately our country was one of the first to get suspected (& then confirmed) cases of people with this bug after school kids returned back from Mexico. Is it big news in the States??
Anyway, back to the important stuff... garden tractors. I am going to attempt to add some pics of some of our stuff. If I muck it up I will just send them to Ken & he will sort us out - whata great guy!!!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 10:20 am

Hey Chris,Oh yea the swine flu is big news here to.Kinda scary stuff man hopefully it will die out for everyone.Seemed like I remembered a bout of it being around 5-6 years ago and that fizzled out so hopefully it will die out soon.Man it just seems so much stuff is messed up anymore,economy,flu bugs,our automakers are trying to keep from going in the gutter.I tell ya chris messing with a old garden tractor is about the only thing that gets me not thinking about all the troubles in the world.Make sure you stop in here every so often buddy,not a whole lot of guys yet but a nice group of that check in every so often Smile KW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...   I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm the silly bugger from New Zealand...
Page 1 of 1