The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

New Barn

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:11 am

I like the coke (soda) theme real well. Maybe a pepsi theme color. I have a coke machine that I had restored. It looks really nice. I also just bought a pepsi machine. It runs and works but won't cool. Needs freon. The barrels as I said are, one is root beer, one is orange crush and one is mountain dew. The last one will probably be a caboose type. I would like for the wheels to be maybe white or polished and plenty of chrome on the tractor. You're gettin' me worked up again.

Tractor312, I liked that comment about your nice tractors. Funny.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:06 am

sometimes i have no idea where my mind is.I have the perfect tractor for you papaw.it's a bolens terminator,14hp twin cylinder briggs,gear drive with granny gear drive shaft,this thing is a tank it would be perfect for pulling.It's a very solid ride steering is really nice i don't think it was used much definitly never sat outside.I was going to do it in the spring,it would be reallky easy to do a pepsi theme on,see what you think of it,i love the louvers in the hood round headlights and the way they roll the hood,it is as big or bigger than the old suburbans...

New Barn - Page 2 Bolens10
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

you think that would do it??? lol Bolens are great tractors that would be perfect!!
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

I like it KW. Are you sure it would do the job. My e-mail is guerrae9@yahoo.com. Write me and let's see what we can come up with. Have a great one. I probably won't be back on here til after church tonite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:51 pm

you really couldn't do much better papaw unless you bought something the size of the punkin.if this bolen's will not pull your train you are gonna need a truck lol.I will email you details,as i said i will do this as cheap as i can for you but cheap to some is not so cheap to others.It's takes a lot of work to get them to look like the coke cruiser or the pumpkin.I don't do a full nut/bolt restore like some guy's.I mean i clean them up really nice and take the sheet metal down to bare metal,prime and use automotive paint .I don't take rear ends out engines off etc. I've seen guy's rinse a tractor off spray bomb it don't even mask the wheels and call it a fresh restoration ,i think i do them pretty nice but not trophy quality as in every nut and bolt sandblasted and repainted.I guess it's how we look at things.I know a guy (his collection is on motomow.com) that took a john deere down to every last bolt i mean everything!,when he assembled it he got your normal oil based enamel in a spray can and painted it.I can't imagine doing that without putting automotive paint with a hardner in it if you were going that far with a restore.I want my stuff to shine like a new car is the way i like to see them.Guy's will argue well sure you do you can paint,trust me if you can tear a tractor down you are smart enough to paint to lol.He has won trophies with that tractor it's just not good enough as far as paint for me,so again it's what we like ,i would never lie or brag to anyone making out like my stuff is the best because it's not it looks good to me and everyone that see's them seem to like it or shoot maybe they are lying to make me feel good lol.It depends what tractor your restoring to,kent's panzer and bantam would take me a long time to restore.Actually the bantam would take me the whole winter maybe longer because it's so rare
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

The Bolens looks to be in great shape is it as good as it looks in the picture?? that tractor will have plenty of pull for what you need I would think. I had a few bolens over the years and they are tough Garden Tractors.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

I like it, but I still like the "tractor" style. I'm not sure what they're called tho. I got a feelin' me and KW will end up workin' something out this winter.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

KW...wonder if Zach would be interested in selling the coke machine? This is just a thought. He could keep it a couple months then decide lol. See ya. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
The Bolens looks to be in great shape is it as good as it looks in the picture?? that tractor will have plenty of pull for what you need I would think. I had a few bolens over the years and they are tough Garden Tractors.

it's really nice larry,it runs perfect,transmission is perfect,I don't think it was used much if it was it was definitly kept inside and probably a small yard,it's never had a repaint and the deck is not scuffed up much at all.It's only problem is it has a deck bearing out of course if papaw ends up with it you would want the deck off anyways or i would.If no one wanted it i was going to put a deck bearing in it and turn it loose in the spring,it looks really clean i wasn't going to paint it just clean it up.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:15 pm

Papaw wrote:
I like it, but I still like the "tractor" style. I'm not sure what they're called tho. I got a feelin' me and KW will end up workin' something out this winter.

well it is probably just the older body style you like papaw.The bolens is the same type as the old ones 5 lug heavy frame etc. it's just not real old.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Papaw wrote:
KW...wonder if Zach would be interested in selling the coke machine? This is just a thought. He could keep it a couple months then decide lol. See ya. Laughing

he told me he was going to surprise his grandfather with it,I said thats nice your gonna give it to him and he said well for a little while lol.Really don't know if he'd sell it or not he seemed to really like it...I really think it would have a hard time with your train papaw,it had a heavy enough frame and a cast rearend but only a 6hp engine i would bet it would pull it but all day long in a parade would be pushing it in my opinion.No problem at all if you didn't want the bolens but thinking on what your pulling i think you should go at least a 10hp and up.I just keep thinking of the amount of train cars and full of kids in a parade throw in a few hills and you need a good strong tractor.Larry probably brought this up when you first started talking about it,he has more common sense than me lol.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

the tractor in my avatar would work !! keep your eye out for a diesel the ford will pull a house and its liquid cooled so it can go all day!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

yea it's definitly not a big deal to me,if you don't like the looks of the bolens we can just find something else older and cool looking for ya papaw.It's nice but not really a cool tractor look for me,it's definitly clean enough to just put a bearing in and sell but for myself I never intended on painting it.You can tell it would pull like a brute it's just got a common tractor look..
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 5:33 pm

Thanx KW. I'm really more interested in something like the "Great Pumpkin" style. I'm not in a hurry and never really get in one. I'm pretty laid back. So I'll wait 'til you come up with something in that style. Keep in touch with me and I'll check in every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

Papaw wrote:
Thanx KW. I'm really more interested in something like the "Great Pumpkin" style. I'm not in a hurry and never really get in one. I'm pretty laid back. So I'll wait 'til you come up with something in that style. Keep in touch with me and I'll check in every now and then.

sure papaw thats just fine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Barn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Barn   New Barn - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Barn
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2