The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

The mighty C

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 9:04 pm

The mighty C Allis10This is the big C that my brother gave me 3 years ago that I still havent went and got. Maybe this summer.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:02 am

Big C? lol how many horse is a C anyway?
Back to top Go down

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

Not sure. Bet its less than my cub LOL.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm

The B's and C's are 22 horse, they had overhead valve engines so they will outpull a 9N Ford with ease. Thats a really straight tractor! I'd be down there loadin' that one up in a heartbeat. My offer of use of the trailer is still good.

Too bad brother left the exhaust uncovered for the last three years!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Might be 22 HP but thet dont have the weight too pull too much
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 9:12 pm

Right, but weight is easy to add - I used to pull a seven foot brushcutter with one of my Allis "C"s and it handled it well. FIL tries to pull a five footer with his 9N - but in heavy stuff it won't do it.
Back to top Go down

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 9:59 pm

kind of a sad story on the C. It belonged to my brothers neighbor up till several years ago. My brother tried to buy it when it was up and running, but the ole guy mowed with it and wanted to keep it. Well the old guy ended up moving and the people that bought his place got the C with it. So happens they was a bunch of city folk and they couldnt figure out how to use the sickle bar so they let it sit for about 4 years with nothing but a crappy lil stack lid on the exhaust . so that caused the engine to get rain in it and lock the ole sucker up. Long story short. They moved and when they did they gave it to my brother and now it's set for 3 more years. Ive got access to a trailer and a truck to pull it, but if you seen the roads, curves and mountins in south Missouri you'd understand why I havent went to get it yet. Oh and I'm waiting for the gas to hit $4.00 a gallon before I make the trip LOL. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:48 am

Ya my gpa had like a ford 400 or somethin like that looked like a later N series. He would put a bail on the back and the front end was off the ground talk bout light
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 8:43 am

Have your brother pour a quart of mystery oil down the exhaust and cap it !! can't hurt and who knows it may break free and be workable . its well worth a try. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:34 pm

Dang JD!! I was just messin' with ya when I said it had rained in the exhaust. I didn't know that was the case. Shocked I hope it has been soaking with diesel or ATF.

JayRod, "ATF" is NOT Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Razz
Back to top Go down

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:03 pm

Ya I've been on him to pull the plugs and fill the cylinders with PB Blaster but he won't. When or if I ever get it home I'll give it a good drink of PB and probly have it running in a week.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

Nice looking tractor, ive always like allis chalmers equipment
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jun 2011, 12:48 am

well gas is 4 bucks a gallon, so you go get it yet? If you dont I might just have to lol
Back to top Go down

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

Nope still aint went and got it. It aint goin anyplace so one of these days when I've got time and a place to keep it I'll go get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The mighty C Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty C   The mighty C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mighty C
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: