The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

simplicity questions - older 16hp model?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Empty
PostSubject: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 7:05 pm

I'm looking at a Simplicity GT and have a few questions - hope you can help.

1. is there a 16hp version similar to the 3212?
It has the similar hood and small black foot rests as a 3212, but has a 16HP Briggs engine.
Also has the variable speed (looks like a snowmobile drive).

2. How much play is normal in the middle gear box? Has a definite clunk in the play but feels solid.

3. Are there any details I need to look for on an old simplicity? Any gear box issues?

Includes a 48" deck. There's no slop in the spindles.

Thanks and my apologies for not taking pictures.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm

If its a 3212 get it cuz its my dream tractor lol alot have been repowered with 16 HP briggs. is the Briggs gold color?
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 1:08 am

The Briggs is red in colour and has "I/C" in big letters.

There are no visible markings I could find. The reason I mentioned 3212 is the black wing-style foot rests look similar to the pictures of the 3212 I've found on the web.

I'm starting to think that it may be a re-power. The motor is a tight fit. Probably needed to power the 48" mower deck.

The deck appears to be really solid and usable - a requirement for my next GT - must be able to cut grass.

Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 1:12 am

Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 1:21 am

Much more like the first one. The hood is very angular with the gas tank hole.
The grill is the expanded metal with the shaft from the motor sticking out the front.

I can't see the foot rests. I'm guessing they are just in front of the seat.
The one I looked at, they were underneath the steering linkage.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 1:28 am

So like my 2010. Id get it and i want pics lol not many gear problems. I got a BGB ill sell you if it ends up needing one or if you want to jus sell the tractor instead of buyin the BGB ill take it Smile lol jk Canada is too far for me lol sounds like a good tractor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: simplicity questions - older 16hp model?   simplicity questions - older 16hp model? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

simplicity questions - older 16hp model?
Page 1 of 1