The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Hub caps

Go down 
+2
Gtractor
Papaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:26 am

Good evening all...hope everyone is doing ok. We're supposed to get a bad winter storm tonite thru Wed. I like to see people do good at their jobs, butI hope the weather folks are dead wrong on this one. I finally found a lawn mower for the barrel train. If the weather holds off I'll go get it Wed. My question is, where can I look or find the chrome hubcaps for it. I don't know the size of the wheels yet, so I don't know what size to give you. It's a 20HP, so it should pull good. I got all the plans drawn for each "car" also. I can't wait to get started. If we all get this weather, be careful. I'll post some pix when I get the mower home.

Eddy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:27 am

I forgot to tell you it's a MTD (?).
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:46 am

You ought to run wheel weights on the back instead of hubcaps. For the fronts you might look at a truckstop and see about the chrome caps they have for semi truck hubs. It may sound funny but I put garden tractor hubcaps on my Dodge cabover. They fit perfect. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

Thanks Gt...I did not know that. By the way, if I post a question more than once, please overlook it. Since the stroke, my memory isn't as good as it once was. I will apoligize in advance for that. Thanks again
Eddy
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 10:26 am

For hub caps look on E-Bay for golf cart hub caps there are lots to choose from mostly 8" rims
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

let me know when you get it papaw I can find you hubcaps chrome is my specialty lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 11:15 am

if you want it to look nice i'd run hubcaps on all 4 papaw,it's probably going to be 12's for back and you can run 2 sizes on the fronts,I like running 6's in front 12's in the back .Running 6's in the front leaves about the same amount of painted wheel showing as the back 8's covers the whole front wheel leaving no rim showing.To me it just looks so much better.Below is my JD 110 with the smaller caps on front you get more wheel showing matching the back,below that my cub 149 running the full caps in front not much wheel showing,it's personal preference I just like the same amount of wheel showing on both wheels better,you can get the smooth hubcaps in either size for the front,KW

Hub caps 7411010

Hub caps Chrome10

Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:18 pm

read your first post again papaw,a mtd 20 hp. could run 2 different sizes,a 20hp on those things doesn't mean much I mean it could be a 20 and still have the small wheels on the back,I guess we need to see it and go from there. KW
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 1:37 pm

Hub caps Mtd_mo12
This is the pic from CL. I hope it turns out. Thanks KW for the tips and the offer. I like the smaller ones on the front. I like a lot of chrome too.
Eddy
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

The tractor looks great.

GTractor suggested wheel weights. I suggest loading the tires with water (or antifreeze).

If you are pulling a 1/2 ton of kids and wagons, you may want a bit more confidence stopping or starting on a grade. An added bonus - water may stop a slow leak.

Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 6:46 pm

Moto...we have quite a few black locust trees. I had a couple flats on my lawn mower and I took it to the JD dealer. He added what he called liquid rubber to them all. If I run over anything now, it has a tendency to plug the tire. I really like that stuff. I don't know the long term effect it will have on the wheels, but so far I approve. I figured I would have that put in all the tires anyway. I will be pulling six barrels and I figured I would put an age limit on them. As always, I thank and appreciate the tips/comments. You guys are great.
Eddy
Back to top Go down
grierh1

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

You may get some ideas from this pic.

Hub caps DenverTractorShow021

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hub caps   Hub caps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hub caps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: