The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)

Go down 
+2
stevec
moto-breeder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Empty
PostSubject: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:14 am

I just picked up this today (I'm stoked):
brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Small_10

It has a mower deck and believe it's all there and functional.

Hope no one minds - I don't plan to keep the pin-striping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:17 am

Looks pertty dang straight.
Back to top Go down
stevec

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 2:02 pm

HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 2:15 pm

nice looking tractor!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 2:24 pm

stevec wrote:
HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked
Back to top Go down
stevec

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 4:41 pm

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked[/quote]

i just seemed stupid to put that chain on the weakest part of the engine case. however it may be o.k. there considering it's been ther for nearly 40 years tongue
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 7:27 pm

JD wrote:
stevec wrote:

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked

took me 30 seconds lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
JD wrote:
stevec wrote:

took me 30 seconds lol

she told us lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 9:28 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
JD wrote:
stevec wrote:

took me 30 seconds lol

she told us lol! lol!

i would say somethin but i better not lol
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

None of my other ones had the chain hooked up. I was curious where they were supposed to connect and length.

Not sure I like how it stresses the hinge.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 9:11 pm

Cool another moto-mower...you sure seem to find more up your way than there is around here. The one I had 1st didn't have the chain to hold the hood, so you always had to be super careful and gently lower it clear to the ground. The 2nd had the chain, so after seeing where it mounted up I went back and put one on my original Moto. On mine with the Kohler engines, it mounts on the starter generator bracket and goes up to where the hood meets the front grill piece, and dang they are heavy with that cast iron grill.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 10:46 pm

Guess it depends on how hard you look.

I was trying to get to Boston to get one - 8 hours each way.
But my stable (garage) is now full.

It's still available if you have a way of getting to it/getting it home.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

Ya way to far for me...plus I don't have the space or cash for another right now. Boston....thats close to Larry, he should pick it up.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 12:24 am

Got the moto-mower running.

Added some gas and pulled the cord. Fired up on the second pull.
(Changed the oils, checked for a spark, loosened up the main jet.)

Runs great, but only one mower blade is turning. A task for another day.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

moto-breeder wrote:
Got the moto-mower running.

Added some gas and pulled the cord. Fired up on the second pull.
(Changed the oils, checked for a spark, loosened up the main jet.)

Runs great, but only one mower blade is turning. A task for another day.

how many motomowers you got MB?
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:35 am

Just 4 - three that are running and one that's missing it's motor.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:45 am

moto-breeder wrote:
Just 4 - three that are running and one that's missing it's motor.

Well thats 2 more than I have lol!

Did you ever figure out the deal with the deck? That one has a a deck that has two gearboxes correct? I have the 2 42" decks for mine, which are 3 blade, and both only use one gearbox mounted on the right spindle, and they have a belt that drives the other 2 spindles.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 8:40 am

I had a small amount of time to investigate. Then my son was gone testing it out.

The deck issue could be simple - there's a sleeve coupler between the shaft and R-H gear box that doesn't appear to be connected. Has a couple set-screws.

I opened the RH gear box and I'm guessing what I see is OK. Lots of heavy grease. No visible movement when I wiggled the blade and the gears look crisp.

Didn't want to take the deck off until I get some pictures of the deck hangers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)
Page 1 of 1