The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Started on the Homelite

Go down 
+3
Jared Olson for SO IL
poncho62
tracktor312
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:08 am

is the gravely pregnant if not I quess it can smoke!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:12 am

tracktor312 wrote:
is the gravely pregnant if not I quess it can smoke!!! lol!

It wasnt really a oil spill you have been seeing on the news....It's Kris's Gravely's smoke coming back down out of the atmosphere and falling into the ocean.
YOU FISH KILLER!!!!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:20 am

that 47 only had 21000 miles on it it ran like new I still wish I could have gotten it back I tried !! I was dumb and sold it quick to get my second vette.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:30 am

You guys ain't right! BTW I'm only 47 months pregnant - with quintuplets.

I was gonna be nice and NOT bring up the FIRST successful four wheel drive tractor, Morton tractor of 1912, or the Utility Steel four wheel drive tractor of 1915, or the Topp Stewart four wheel drive tractor of about the same vintage, or the Wilson four wheel drive tractor of 1920, or even the Massey Harris four wheel drive introduced in May of 1930, but now I just might!! OH YEAH - and Willys/Overland STOLE the Jeep design from American Bantam.

scratch scratch I must now rest my brain as it is on overload.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:42 am

well body style Bantam didn't have a decent engine and also could not produce them fast enought ...(he who snoozes loses)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 9:46 pm

Gtractor wrote:

I was gonna be nice and NOT bring up the FIRST successful four wheel drive tractor, Morton tractor of 1912, or the Utility Steel four wheel drive tractor of 1915, or the Topp Stewart four wheel drive tractor of about the same vintage, or the Wilson four wheel drive tractor of 1920, or even the Massey Harris four wheel drive introduced in May of 1930, but now I just might!! OH YEAH - and Willys/Overland STOLE the Jeep design from American Bantam.

How am I goin to feed Jared lines of crap if you tell the truth? lol. I had to think really hard to make up that line of bs and you ruined it. You big butt head.
Dang! A guy cant even tell lies around this place. Whats up with that? Ok, I'm sorry I made fun of the bug bomb (gravely). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:11 pm

JD wrote:
Gtractor wrote:

How am I goin to feed Jared lines of crap if you tell the truth? lol. I had to think really hard to make up that line of bs and you ruined it. You big butt head.
Dang! A guy cant even tell lies around this place. Whats up with that? Ok, I'm sorry I made fun of the bug bomb (gravely). Laughing

i am from IL and not MO lol im not exactly gullible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:16 pm

Wanna bet?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:24 pm

you know gullible aint in the dictionary lol
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:25 pm

If you want to light a fire under Jay-rod, all ya gotta do is bring up those no good InnerTRASHinal Harvestors. Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:31 pm

Gtractor wrote:
If you want to light a fire under Jay-rod, all ya gotta do is bring up those no good InnerTRASHinal Harvestors. Twisted Evil lol!

im not gullible lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:31 pm

The name that's meant JEEP for decades. (Something I cut from the enternet)

1908 John North Willys buys the Overland Automotive Division of Standard Wheel Company.
1912 John North Willys renames the Willys Overland Division to Willys-Overland Motor Company.
1936 Coming out of bankruptcy following the Great Depression, the company is reorganized as Willys-Overland Motors, Inc.
1940 Working from a Bantam Car Company design, Willys contracts to build military Jeeps for the war and produces about 360,000 vehicles by 1945.
1945 Willys-Overland begins producing the Civilian Jeep (CJ) line, with the introduction of the CJ2A model.
1946 Production begins on the Willys Jeep Wagon. Over 300,000 are manufactured between 1946 and 1965. Initially the all-steel wagons are only available in a burgundy and cream color scheme, the appearance of which suggested the "Woodie" wagon look typically found on wagons of this era.
1947 Production begins on the Willys Jeep Truck. From 1947 to 1965, more than 200,000 are manufactured.
1948 Production begins on the Willys Jeepster. Only 19,000 vehicles are manufactured from 1948 to 1950.
1949 CJ3A is introduced, and more than 132,000 are made before the production ends in 1953.
1949 Willys Wagons become available with 72 horsepower six cylinder motor, and four wheel drive - thus creating the first "sport utility vehicle".
1952 Willys CJ3B Jeeps go into production, with a raised hood to accomodate a taller "F" head engine with 25% more horsepower. By 1968, over 155,000 are sold.
1953 Kaiser buys Willys-Overland and changes name to Willys Motor Company.
1954 CJ5 debuts at the start of its three-decade run.
1954 Four wheel drive versions of the Willys Wagons and Trucks are now available with the "Super Hurricane" 115 HP 6 cylinder motor.
1956 Kaiser-Jeep announces the FC-150, a "cab-forward" style pickup truck based on the CJ5 chassis.
1956 Kaiser-Jeep announces the CJ6. Based on the CJ5, the CJ6 has a 20-inch longer wheelbase, adding to the passenger and cargo room. Roughly 50,000 units are produced between 1956 and 1983. The CJ6 proved more popular overseas than in the US, and to this day remains the "forgotten model" between the CJ5 and CJ7.
1957 Kaiser-Jeep announces the FC-170, smiliar to the FC-150 but with a 103.5" wheelbase and L-head 6 cylinder engine.
1963 Company changes name to Kaiser-Jeep corporation.
1965 Kaiser-Jeep discontinues production of Willys wagons and trucks, retiring the Willys name with the line.
1970 American Motors Corporation takes over Kaiser-Jeep.
1972 CJ5 wheelbase is lengthened to accomodate the AMC straight six engine.
1975 Willys-Overland resurrected as a wholesale/retail parts business.
1983 By the time the last CJ5 rolls off the line in 1983, more than 610,000 of the vehicles have hit the highways in the U.S. and around the world.
1987 American Motors is purchased by the Chrysler Corporation.
1998 Daimler-Benz merges with Chrysler Corporation to form DaimlerChrysler, the fifth largest auto maker in the world.
1998 Willys-Overland Motors started marketing its “Repli-Tub” replacement body...a true bolt-on replacement for both military and civilian Jeeps built from 1941-1986
2001 After 60+ years building Jeeps in the same plant, DaimlerChrysler built a new assembly facility just two miles north on I-75... still in Toledo, of course
2001 The last Cherokee rolled off the assembly line...
2002 Replaced (supposedly) by the Liberty (KJ)
2006 The Jeep Commander (XK) was introduced. And already, in 2007, making news of its possible discontinuation.
2007 A busy year...The completely redesigned Wrangler (JK) is introduced in both a two door, and for the first time ever, four door versions.
2007 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass (both MK) also make their first appearance
2007 DaimlerChrysler sells an 80% stake in the Chrysler division to Cerberus Capital for a mere $7.4 Billion, creating Chrysler LLC

A lil Jeep history. They left out that the CJ7 stoped in 86 and it's 10" longer than a CJ5. And they left out the rare CJ7 4 cylinder DIESEL model. Worth A ton O money!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:37 pm

Back to the topic of the Homelite. I found a rearend on ebay baby. WHOO HOO! Dropped me a hammer snipe on it with a big ole nasty bid. I'll know in two days if I got it or not. Pray for me guys... What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 10:58 pm

I won the bid on my rearend. (dont think about it Kris) Be up and rollin in a few. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:12 pm

I got my rear end for the Homelite lastnite. Whoo hoo! Gotta go get the Jeep engine this weekend and put it in then it's Homelite time.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:10 pm

When you put the engine in the Jeep, the fan blade goes to the front. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:18 pm

Fan? What the heck are you talkin about. Is that what makes the air come out the tail pipe? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 8:32 pm

Well the engine I drove 300 miles for turned out to not be such a good deal, so the ole Homelite probably will get a rear end put in it tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 11:53 pm

What you need, a 258?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 11:58 pm

I need a amc 150. 1983-1985. The three year window is really killing progress.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:11 am

Is that one-O-those Volkswagen built 4 bangers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:18 am

Gtractor wrote:
Is that one-O-those Volkswagen built 4 bangers?

NO! Arrow AMC!
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:31 am

SORRY!! lol! However, I used to drive a 1981 AMC Concord with a factory installed VW 4 cylinder. It was a regular water cooled inline engine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

Got the rear end took care of today. Now for a hydro unit. I don't know how, but everything under the seat on this thing is grenaded. The rear end was locked up (not sure why yet) and the hydro motor kinda came apart. All the lil pistons came out of it and got ate. And the thing was working fine when he parked it. Must have been them gremlims. lol
Atleast I can move it around now without dragging it with Cub Kong. Got a line on another one just like it, but it says AC on it.
Sounds like it's complete and I can get it cheap.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

Just don't tow the AC home at 50 mph like you did the Homelite. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started on the Homelite   Started on the Homelite - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Started on the Homelite
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next