The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

'nuthern in the stable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

'nuthern in the stable Empty
PostSubject: 'nuthern in the stable   'nuthern in the stable Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:49 pm

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but been very busy in my new endeavor, otherwise known as a Jay-O- Bee.
I went to the swap meet at the Lathrop, MO showgrounds Saturday and brought home yet another Gravely. I sure don't need another but it was cheap and I have some kind of disease that makes old rusty tractors desirable to me. Laughing This one is a 1967 and the seller assured me he had it runnin 2 years ago and that it would smoke "sumptin' awful". A friend of mine was there and he wants the mower deck and wants to trade a rotary cultivator [I don't have one of those] for the mower. I also never had a hood for a walk behind, so now I do. After filing the points it had good spark and I fired it up today. The tractor doesn't look worn out but has a wrong air filter cobbled on it and I think it has been run without a filter over the years causing the wear in the cylinder. It starts easy, runs and operates great, has good oil pressure, and I couldn't go wrong for $50! It sure does smoke!!
I think this makes garden tractor number 101 in my collection.

'nuthern in the stable Smokin
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: 'nuthern in the stable   'nuthern in the stable Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 10:55 pm

is your barn on fire? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'nuthern in the stable   'nuthern in the stable Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 10:57 pm

Sure it aint a 2 stroke? LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: 'nuthern in the stable   'nuthern in the stable Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:36 pm

And to think...I nicknamed my Case 150 "Smokey" cuz it smoked some. Man that Gravely puts it to shame! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'nuthern in the stable   'nuthern in the stable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'nuthern in the stable
Page 1 of 1