The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Idea for the Sad Massey

Go down 
+3
moto-breeder
poncho62
Jared Olson for SO IL
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Idea for the Sad Massey Empty
PostSubject: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 7:00 pm

Ok my other project for this Summer is my Sad Massey. I wanna put a 2 stroke on it. How manny CCs would i need to power it? Would a 60 CC Chain saw motor be enough? idk wat to do for a clutch tho
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 7:11 pm

Bad idea IMO.........a 2 stroke has much less torque than a 4 stroke. The use high RPM to make what horsepower that they need.......You would need a huge 2 stroke to run a tractor.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

so i would need about 125 CC?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 10:14 pm

ok could i keep it belt driven or would the belt burn up. I know im gonna need a pretty big motor for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 10:23 pm

A good 200cc smoker will make around 20hp and very low torque. thats why you have to wind the hell out of them they dont make good power till you get in the upper rpm range. How you going to cool it? If you use a air cooled engine it will cook if you cant get the tractor up to speed to keep the air moving through the fins. If you want a two stroke that makes good torque and power you need a banshee engine and they are dogs till you build them a bit. By the time you get a banshee engine and builtd it to the point that it will make good torque and hold together you'll have around $4500.00 in it.
Still want a two stroke?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 10:29 pm

JD wrote:
A good 200cc smoker will make around 20hp and very low torque. thats why you have to wind the hell out of them they dont make good power till you get in the upper rpm range. How you going to cool it? If you use a air cooled engine it will cook if you cant get the tractor up to speed to keep the air moving through the fins. If you want a two stroke that makes good torque and power you need a banshee engine and they are dogs till you build them a bit. By the time you get a banshee engine and builtd it to the point that it will make good torque and hold together you'll have around $4500.00 in it.
Still want a two stroke?

thats wat i was afraid of lol
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

Might be a snug fit, but a 2-stroke diesel should supply enough torque.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

dang ya beat me to it lol i was gonna suggest a 6v92 detroit lol
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 5:15 pm

After watching the video of the smoking noise maker, I think electric is the way to go! Shocked Its not that I'm an environmentalists, I just prefer to keep my hearing.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 6:01 pm

Im kinda leanin towards somethin unique, but dont want electric.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 9:23 pm

Get one running that would be unique lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 9:26 pm

tracktor312 wrote:

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 11:49 pm

tracktor312 wrote:

get your Case together then u can talk lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 11:56 pm

which one I have 4 of them apart. but the 648 is running great.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:03 am

Here you go I faked it threw the 130 hood on it hows that??? affraid affraid affraid

[img]Idea for the Sad Massey Garage10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for the Sad Massey   Idea for the Sad Massey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for the Sad Massey
Page 1 of 1