The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

power king pic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm

I am running out of pictures of painted up tractors. I have several more tractors that are painted up decent, they are just crammed in sheds to where pictures wouldn't show anything, so today you are going to have to settle for one in work clothes. This tractor has become my #1 assistant taking me to the mailbox or pulling my F-150 sideways out of the fence to prevent body damage. Shocked This is a 1973 Power King 1614. If you look in the background, you can see my closest neighbors house.

power king pic Pksnow
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

Nice tractor and property! Does that have the tandem transmissions?
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 1:10 am

negative on the tandem trannys. Its really geared too low for me anyhow. I only use third and reverse and the reverse is killer slow. I'd like to put in faster gears but suppose that will never happen. The tag on the diff. says 5.17
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 1:15 am

nice tractor mine has the tandem trans but needs to be finished been slacking off this year!!!

[img]power king pic Econo_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:57 am

Thats lookin great Larry! It will be nice when you git r done. We had 10 inches of heavy wet snow today and the ole PK didn't want any of that! If I was smart enough to wait about two or three hours, the temp was droppin and it wouldda plowed better. Being above freezing made the snow want to pack in front of the blade and even tho I had it soaked in plow wax, the snow really didn't have anywhere to go it was so deep. One pass and the windrow was as tall as the rear tires on the tractor! The huge windrow made the second pass a real pain to keep the tractor straight, and I had to ride the brake on that side really hard. Holdin the brake and pushin so much ran me a little short on power..... I could go on but you get my drift. As bad as it was, I'm glad I had the PK as the old Panzer I used to use would not have made a dent in that mess. If there were just a little more snow, I wouldda had to fired up the Gravely walkbehind, put the duals and chains on, and done some seroius walkin. Tomorrow I will take the MRS to work in the morning and then go to my mothers and see IF the snowblower will move that much snow. I have serious doubts as its just a little 2 stroke jobbie and with the temps well below freezing by then, the snow may be frozen like ice. If it turns into a shovel job, I'll be flaggin down someone with a tractor!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:20 pm

You need to get yourself a nice gravely with a blower on it mine does it all they are tough machines

[img]power king pic 816s_010[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

power king pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: power king pic   power king pic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power king pic
Page 1 of 1