The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

someone has a burfday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

someone has a burfday Empty
PostSubject: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:32 pm

Dang JD, your lookin old today!!! Razz Razz Razz hope you had a great day!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:50 pm

Thank you and I had a great b-day. I'll post some picture's of my present I gave me. Just got home with it, so the night time picture's are a lil bad. And yes it's all original and as rust free as it looks in the pic's. the wheels are rusty and it needs a lil work, but it made home from Ks.

someone has a burfday Tracto22

someone has a burfday Tracto23

someone has a burfday Tracto24
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:18 pm

Happy b-day jeep looks nice try using a little mud to get the rust off the rims I think they will clean up real nice. the center caps may be to far gone take them off and paint them for a cheap fix cheers
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:23 pm

SOS pad and some water JD you'll be amazed what it will do on chrome....
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:39 pm

Don't worry I know how to polish. The pipes on my banshee started out as brushed stainless. Look like chrome now. You ever polish stainless. DONT! It sucks.

someone has a burfday Photos12
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:44 pm

What about CLR cleaner? just a thought ~~ I like that Jeep - you did well!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:47 pm

just be careful they are not that great in the snow the short wheelbase is hard to control if you start sliding I have had a few .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:51 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
just be careful they are not that great in the snow the short wheelbase is hard to control if you start sliding I have had a few .

This jeep has never been in the snow and I hate to be the butt head that shows it Missouri salt, but I'm goin to.
I know what your sayin about the short wheel base. Takes a lil getting use to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

Gtractor wrote:
What about CLR cleaner? just a thought ~~ I like that Jeep - you did well!

Thanks, I did come out with a fair deal. been looking at a lot of cj's and this was the one. Yesturday I more or less bought a jeep over the phone. it was a 1980 with a 258 and a auto with a bech seat. only 200 built. $4500 and the guy had $6500 in receipts. It was in mint condition and only had 54000 miles on it. never been drove in the rain or snow. Well, I'm not sure but I think the air in the tires was even rusted. I stuck my hand through the frame and then left with him staring at a pile of rust in his nice clean paved drive. Bad part is, the guy really thought he had a nice jeep. Don't think he does now.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:16 am

I think you ruined his day! Its sad how most people believe that body filler over a rust hole now means "rust free"! If you can't see it - it doesn't exist. My favorite one is when they are primered all over and the seller says its ready for paint. THAT sends up a big red flag!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 12:03 am

From what I've been through in the last 4 months of trying to find a jeep, PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID! The whole search for the one that was what the seller said it was, was like a bad joke over and over. People dont have a clue to what they have, but it's always worth a ton of money and they get pi$$ed when you tell them the truth about the junk they are trying to get a new price out of. I've been looking at total junk that people want $5000-$6000 for. I started off being nice and keeping my mouth shut when looking at someones prize, but after a while I didnt care anymore and just told them the way it is. some didnt like that. Oh well. I did feel bad for the guy with the mint condition 1980 cj7. He knew I wanted it and gave me every detail over the phone. I didnt tell him I was a mechanic, people tend to shut up when you tell them that. I just let him give me every detail and it sounded like a deal. The bad part was this guy has never had dirt on his hands. Litlte city guy that was goin on what his cut throat garage has been telling him. the poor guy had $6500 worth of work done to it and when he asked me to be truthful about why I changed my mind I was. I think hes looking for a new shop to do his work. Really is sad what the big city shops do to people. The way I grew up makes it hard for me to understand a man that cant change his own oil. You fixed or you walked and you knew what you had. Dang I got on a rant. It all worked out in the end. I got as close to what I wanted as I'm going to get. It's not exactly the one I wanted, but I'm happy. I'm done now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone has a burfday   someone has a burfday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

someone has a burfday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: