The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

what is is?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 7:56 pm

I already know what this one is but thought it would be fun to play "what is it?" My money is on tracktor312, go Larry go! BTW. it IS factory made.

what is is? Estatetractor
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

It's a red tractor LOL someone has to be a wise guy othew than that i would have to say some kid of case
Back to top Go down

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm

I saw one of those at Hamilton last year and I can't remember what it is. It'll hit me when I'm in bed tonight. Not a gravely is it?
Ok, what about the Scout in the background? What kinda shape is it in?
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 10:42 pm

I have no Ideas it looks like a gravely L in the rear but an economy front axle setup. any more pics diff angles and engine??
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 12:33 pm

JD, This is the one you saw at Hamilton last year. I think I've had it there every year since 2004. I actually bought it at the Hamilton, MO show that year.
The Scout has the usual rust, it is in Missouri after all. Crying or Very sad The Scout is a 1965 Red Carpet Special, commemerating the 100,000th Scout built. There were only 3000 of those special models made, I believe that was one per dealer. This one came out of Chillicothe and I know its history. The one from the dealer in Braymer, MO was crushed in 1998. I bought some parts off it before it went to the great beyond. I bought this Scout in 1996 and have had it on the road every summer since. Last spring/early summer the float went bad in the carb so I didn't drive it much in 2009.

Larry, It IS Gravely powered. This is an aftermarket conversion to make a Gravely into a riding tractor. It was built in Kansas City, MO by the Gresham Machine Works. It was made in the mid 1950s and that is well before Gravely offered a riding model. Its called an "Estate Tractor" according to the serial tag on the frame. Production figures are unknown, but the Gravely Tractor Club of America only knows of roughly half a dozen. They used the low geared Gravelys [model LS] to compensate for the 16 inch rear rubber. The Gravely rotary plow fit mid mount on the tractor and hopefully the owner installed the optional leg guard or things could get ugly in a hurry! The right front wheel is on a long axle and has to be set out to follow the previous furrow. There were several attachments avalible for this tractor, Gresham made a 42 inch rotary mower for the tractor as well.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 5:52 pm

atleast u have some IH Smile
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:40 pm

I also have a 1957 and 1/2, I-H Golden Anniversary Special pickup - or at least most of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:26 pm

Gtractor wrote:
I also have a 1957 and 1/2, I-H Golden Anniversary Special pickup - or at least most of it Very Happy

any tractors?
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm

'54 Super C
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm

nice i wanna get a C or Super C sometime. Between me and dad we got 8 Farmalls
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 12:20 am

That there is an interesting looking tractor! lol!

Nice K10 you got sittin' back there...love that color! Looks like there's a couple C10's there too. I sure love those 73-87's.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 1:45 am

Thanx Evan The K-10 is just a shell, everything that could be unbolted or cut off was removed. it was a mud race truck for several years. That truck has won a bunch of trophys! It belongs to a friend, he lives in town and just bought it to get some parts off it for his current mud racer, a Blazer. He has no place to keep it so it wound up here. I drive the black C-10 once in a while, but it drinks too much gas for me. My tractor puller is an '89 GMC Suburban SLE. THAT is an awesome machine! The Suburban is way better on gas and pulls unbelievably good. It could make a diehard Ford man like me - like chebbies! Heck,, I'll throw in a pic of the Suburban doin' what it does best! This load was a little much for a half ton but it did well. I had 125 LBS in the air shocks.

what is is? 2heavy
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 6:30 pm

i got an 85 K10 Shortbox Scottsdale. its a project someday
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

Nice Sub!
What motor you got in there...350?
I'm curious, what kind of fuel mileage does that get compared to the black C10?
I have an '09 Silverado K1500 with a 5.3 v8....i average 16-17 around town, and about 19-20 on the hwy.
Here's a pic of mine:

what is is? IMG_1240
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:27 pm

Evan, The black 86 C-10 is 305 with 4bbl carb and 700R4 with 3.43s and it gets about 10 MPG. Power wise its great especially for a 305, but when gas hit four bucks a few years back I quit driving it on a regular basis.
The Suburban has a 350/700R4 with 3.43s and gets 16 MPG real steady. The converters and mufflers have been hollowed out so its a little loud, and the smog pump accidentally fell off many miles ago. Twisted Evil It has some rust on it and the headliner hangs down but otherwise is in great shape. I let my better half drive it to work one day and didn't think she would give it back!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm

I got 12 wit a 4 barrel 350 3spd
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

I get 20 and about 17 towing the camper
[img]what is is? Camper10[/img]
[img]what is is? Truck_10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what is is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is is?   what is is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: