The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Cub cadet email question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Cub cadet email question Empty
PostSubject: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan 2010, 9:54 pm

I purchased a cub cadet and looking at the info on your site I would say it’s a model 70 – 100?? It needs some engine work (wiped connecting rod bearing) and I have been able to determine it’s a K181 Kohler engine. I want to restore it but for right now I want to get it running. I am having difficulties removing the front clutch. I have done some web searching but can’t find a good exploded view of this clutch to see how it comes off. Do you know of any? Also, do you have any good sources of Kohler engines parts and repair services? Thanks for any help. Steve Peterman
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2010, 10:40 am

Hey Steve not familiar with the clutch setup but as for rebuild service the best I have heard of is brian miller
http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/a1engine.htm but I usually buy my parts off ebay and rebuild myself. if you email Brian he usually gets back with answers pretty quick real nice guy!! Let us know how you make out join us here on the forum we all like pics
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 9:39 pm

I made contact with Brent Miller and decided to ship my engine down to him. Thanks for the contact info. I don't have any pics to post but once the snow melts and I can pull the tractor out of the shed I will post some. The engine should be back by then too.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 9:08 am

Glad we helped you.. yes if possible pics when you can also are you signed up here the more the merrier..
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 10:55 am

Yes I did sign up. Great forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cub cadet email question   Cub cadet email question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cub cadet email question
Page 1 of 1