The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol

Go down 
+2
poncho62
wvbuzzmaster
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:00 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Mine used to be a long bed but I wanted to be diff. so I cut 16" out of the frame and driveshaft and put on a stepside bed they never made a 3/4 ton stepside with a 6' bed 4x4.

ahhhh ok I kept thinking that was a really rare truck,I never remember seeing a stepside ford like that,they should have they look cool.I always loved the front end on the old fords.My favorite model was a 1966 ford custom cab,I had one of those to,really cool looking old truck.Only problem was they really screwed up the design on the inside of the cab,they put the gas tank behind the seat.Me being 6' 4" I could hardly drive the thing it was way to cramped. KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:05 pm

[b]this was my all time favorite truck to cruise around in tho a little 1987 GMC S 15 it had 52,000 original miles on it when I bought it.

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 My_tru10

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur10

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur11
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 1:28 pm

I am starting to like this one more and more always like the 48 but this 46 is growing on me.. And it runs and drives better that it looks

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Fords_10[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Fords_11[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Fords_12[/img]
[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Fords_13[/img]
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 4:33 pm

I really really like that old truck to larry the 60 apache was the oldest one I ever had....
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 7:06 pm

Motomow wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:
Mine used to be a long bed but I wanted to be diff. so I cut 16" out of the frame and driveshaft and put on a stepside bed they never made a 3/4 ton stepside with a 6' bed 4x4.

ahhhh ok I kept thinking that was a really rare truck,I never remember seeing a stepside ford like that,they should have they look cool.I always loved the front end on the old fords.My favorite model was a 1966 ford custom cab,I had one of those to,really cool looking old truck.Only problem was they really screwed up the design on the inside of the cab,they put the gas tank behind the seat.Me being 6' 4" I could hardly drive the thing it was way to cramped. KW

Interesting you should mention you had a 66 Ford Custom Cab, seeing as how I have a 66 Ford F250 Custom Cab parked here. It has a bunch of add ons including dealer installed A/C and an AM radio, too bad we only have FM stations around here...
I have driven it a few times, definitely gained a respect for the old fellas that drove those non power steering trucks.
I don't have a picture of the old Ford on my camera or my computer. However, Evan has one from one of his visits, so mabey he could post that after bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 8:50 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Interesting you should mention you had a 66 Ford Custom Cab, seeing as how I have a 66 Ford F250 Custom Cab parked here. It has a bunch of add ons including dealer installed A/C and an AM radio, too bad we only have FM stations around here...
I have driven it a few times, definitely gained a respect for the old fellas that drove those non power steering trucks.
I don't have a picture of the old Ford on my camera or my computer. However, Evan has one from one of his visits, so mabey he could post that after bit. Very Happy

Here's one of the pics I have of it.....I think you forgot to mention that it was your dad's truck not yours! lol!

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 IMG_1811
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 8:55 pm

Motomow wrote:
[b]this was my all time favorite truck to cruise around in tho a little 1987 GMC S 15 it had 52,000 original miles on it when I bought it.

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 My_tru10

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur10

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur11

Gotta love those fender skirts and baby moon hubcaps KW. Thats actually a pretty neat lookin' truck...I always liked the boxy S-10 / S-15 / Sonoma pickups.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

I loved the fender skirts to Ev you know me by now I make it a point to make my stuff different from anyone else lol.Man love the ole 66 mine looked just like (buzz's Dads LOL) but it was red and was the 1/2 ton F100 I think don't think there was a F150 then was there?,i've got a old pic of it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:16 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
Oh, and I forgot to mention...Jared, get some new rockers on the Jimmy! lol!
Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 01061010

happy Ev? LOL
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:23 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
Evan(PA) wrote:
Oh, and I forgot to mention...Jared, get some new rockers on the Jimmy! lol!
Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 01061010

happy Ev? LOL

When you get them on the truck I'll be happy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:24 pm

Motomow wrote:
I loved the fender skirts to Ev you know me by now I make it a point to make my stuff different from anyone else lol.Man love the ole 66 mine looked just like (buzz's Dads LOL) but it was red and was the 1/2 ton F100 I think don't think there was a F150 then was there?,i've got a old pic of it somewhere.

Def. want to see some pics of it KW. I think the F150 debuted in the '76 model year if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

In reference to it being Dad's Ford: It would not be Dad's truck if I hadn't told him he should buy it, so my name is also on the title.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 10:05 am

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Motomow wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

casey try driving one of these around for a while of course no power steering you have to double clutch because no syncros in the trans and mechanical brakes you want to talk about a workout. the green one is a 1929 and the red is a 1931. But they are fun

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Antiqu10[/img]

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur12[/img]
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 12:36 pm

[b]old lucy (60 apache) didn't have synchro's in first gear if you didn't come to a complete stop she would grind everytime ,just another thing that made her cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:06 pm

Motomow wrote:
[b]old lucy (60 apache) didn't have synchro's in first gear if you didn't come to a complete stop she would grind everytime ,just another thing that made her cool Smile

thats wat i wanted was a 60 to 66 Chevy or GMC but i wanted 4x4
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 3:18 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Motomow wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

casey try driving one of these around for a while of course no power steering you have to double clutch because no syncros in the trans and mechanical brakes you want to talk about a workout. the green one is a 1929 and the red is a 1931. But they are fun

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Antiqu10[/img]

[img]Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Pictur12[/img]

Those are neat old trucks. I also have the 66 Dodge Dart which has no power steering either, but it isn't as much of a workout, hardly notice it doesn't have power steering. The 66 F250 is a workout though. I think if it would have been a 1/2 ton truck it would steer a lot easier. Still cool truck to be seen driving though, and I'm all for looking cool. lol!

Possibly see an old half ton in my distant future. lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 8:01 pm

It shouldn't make a diff 1/2 ton or 3/4 make sure its greased right and always moving when steering is the key..
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 7:12 am

tracktor312 wrote:
It shouldn't make a diff 1/2 ton or 3/4 make sure its greased right and always moving when steering is the key..

I agree with the greased and steer when moving. I am just thinking it might make a slight difference because of weight. The Dart obviously weighs less and it steers quite easily in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 11:10 am

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

I agree with the greased and steer when moving. I am just thinking it might make a slight difference because of weight. The Dart obviously weighs less and it steers quite easily in my opinion.

well my opinion is it will make a little difference buzz bigger hubs,bigger wheels,bigger engine to in the ones I had anyways a 302 in the f100 390 if I remember right in the 250 that will mean harder steering thats just a fact but should not be a huge difference but I bet my smaller f100 would have steered better than your 250 I have had both trucks just not the same year of fords the 250 was harder to drive,,,,KW
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 4:33 pm

My F250 had a 352 original, but looks like its been swapped to a 390. If I bought an old half ton there would be no way I need a V8 in it. The F250 has a ton of power, no doubt it could spin tires all day long, but no sense in ruining good tires to see it. Although almost any truck can spin tires, heck, both my Yotas are no strangers to spinning tires, I've done it in both, more often accidently than on purpose cause I hate shortening tire life, truck tires aren't cheap... especially the 10 ply radial Buckshots!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol   Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter is hard on vinyl decals lol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2