The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Snowfall...

Go down 
+5
poncho62
tracktor312
johnboggs21
Jared Olson for SO IL
Evan(PA)
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 8:48 pm

So how much snow does everyone else have now? Its been snowin' like crazy here in PA this weekend. Driveway has been plowed 3 times so far...twice today and once yesterday. I took a yardstick out to see how much snow was on the front deck...it was around 16" or 17" (I know it looks like 19" in the pic, but thats just the angle I took it from.) Also, here's our snow removal equipment getting ready to plow...my dad's 1950 Ford 8n with Dearborn blade. This does a great job removing snow, and it does surprisingly well with unloaded tires, even though it can be difficult to push snow backwards if you don't get a run for it. I tried to get some video plowing snow, but it didn't turn out the way I liked so I'll have to try again next time...

Snowfall... IMG_2985

Snowfall... IMG_2983
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 9:04 pm

well i look out my window and see grass.......
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm

its bare in spots here and a couple feet in other spots. theirs one part of the driveway with about 2 and a half maybe 3 inches.

Tire chains look a lil loose Ev.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 9:36 pm

We got about a foot heres pics funny they always look the same..[img]Snowfall... Snow310[/img][img]Snowfall... Snow_012[/img]
Back to top Go down

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 9:37 pm

Got 4 more inches today for a total of about 20" on the ground. Still have some roads that are closed from the 50 mph winds on Chrismas night.
Back to top Go down

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 10:10 pm

This is what I pushed up today. Didn't want to start a pile off the end of the drive, but I'm out of room for the snow. We need a melt.Snowfall... Tracto11
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 11:02 pm

We have about a foot, bit it came gradually over the last month.......

Snowfall... Dec_1210

Snowfall... Xmas_010
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 3:10 am

Nice Equipment, and ya'll can keep your snowfalls and horde tham all you want. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 4:30 pm

[b]probably about 4 inches on the ground now,we had quite a bit then it melted all off then got the new stuff this weekend,look at the sad pic below,the moron's on our town board cut all of the oak tree's down but 2 in the old park.I'm just sick over it,bunch of retarded pieces of crap running this town.They will never do nothing with the old park but what they did DESTROY IT!!.The lazy worthless idiots will probably not even clean up the mess.It is going to really suck here in the summer no protection from the sun now,it's just sad to see all those old beautiful tree's laying on the ground. There was 20 of them,all gone but 2 KW

Snowfall... Dsc01210
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 4:47 pm

Thats a sad looking mess....unless you need firewood.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 6:49 pm

Well I went out and took another measurement tonight. Its pretty much been snowing here nonstop since yesterday, but I think its finally starting to slack off. I put the yard stick in the same place as yesterday and its now showing around 22". I checked a couple other spots, and theres a few areas over 30"...I'm ready for summer!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
Well I went out and took another measurement tonight. Its pretty much been snowing here nonstop since yesterday, but I think its finally starting to slack off. I put the yard stick in the same place as yesterday and its now showing around 22". I checked a couple other spots, and theres a few areas over 30"...I'm ready for summer!

Just drove home on a snow covered road in the dark... I don't think I was in my lane for more than a mile total... on an 8 mile road... Lucky the highway was still at dusk. So I agree, let's get summer here.
Back to top Go down

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 9:49 pm

Callin for up to 8" more snow tomarrow night with high winds and blizzard conditions Thursday. OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT! NOT!!!
I'm really starting to get sick of it... affraid
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:34 pm

we just got our advisory for indiana JD not looking great here either
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:18 am

snow tomorrow i want it so i get outta school lol
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:33 am

Motomow wrote:
we just got our advisory for indiana JD not looking great here either

It finally has slacked off here...just a little bit coming down here and there....but the weather man says were in for it again come the weekend. Anyone else want to move south? lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:49 am

another 4-6 inches tonight starting to get burnt out on it lol
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 11:04 am

Coo Loo coo coo coo coo coo coo
Cultural reference Smile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie

Kinda weird, but not enough white in the great white north. Still waiting for the snowmobile trails to open.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 7:14 pm

Been snowing here for about 3 days, and no school for those still in school those 3 days. That didn't mean I haven't been on the roads, been driving in it all week.. Luckily it's the dry crap.. but still, its snow, and it's 15 degrees out... I HATE WINTER!!!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 7:19 pm

the real bad stuff here it snowed then got some sleet,now it's real cold around 10 degree's so nothing melts off a lot of the roads still supposed to nail us later with a bunch more snow really slick a terrible time for sure...
Back to top Go down

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

2 1/2 hours to get home from work and it's just started. I hate this white dust from hell! Mad
Back to top Go down

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:10 am

7" total snow fall last night and a 2' drift at end of driveway. I called in today. One good thing about all the snow, I get to play on the cub all day. cheers
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:39 am

WELCOME TO CANADA BOYS..........Well, Canadian weather anyways.......Just another day in the hood for us....... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 12:30 pm

you can have it all poncho like the very first snow then I whine and moan the rest of the winter screw playing in it,give me 70 degree's and the tree's budding out now thats a awesome time of the year!! KW
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

Snowfall... 01071010Snowfall... 01071011

our snow lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowfall... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowfall...   Snowfall... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowfall...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: