The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

WOW....look at wat I found...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whirly

whirly

WOW....look at wat I found... Empty
PostSubject: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 5:00 pm

will b pickin up a Wheel Horse...model RJ-58 later today has a blade & deck...has been repainted to original colors too.. it has the Clinton B-1290 a 3.6 hp (I have been told) engine
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 8:23 am

Nice find Whirly....those are getting fewer & father between.
I've actually sold mine this year.
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:09 am

ok...got a few pics of the wheely I got
WOW....look at wat I found... Wvad6a
WOW....look at wat I found... A23rcz
WOW....look at wat I found... 2jd05uh
WOW....look at wat I found... Nvsi88
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:17 am

ok....forgot to add this.....
it does run & move...drove it up & down the street already.....motor sounds a lil loose on rod tho...a lil chatter there .. the deck if almost stuck....can move the blades a few degrees tho & the lil gear box covers r missing....hangin linkage is there..haven't tried mountin it ... the blade ...wat u c is all I got....the mule hangin part is missin...so need details on wat I can make for it..if u have one with ...would u send me info & deminations on the parts so I can rebuild them..any other suggestions r welcome as this is my first Wheelie this old I've managed to buy...do have another one tho...with a vertical shafted engine....think it is in the 5-8 hp range.....don't remember the model right off hand now....but it is on engine hood....
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 12:59 pm

looks like a bag burner lol!
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 1:16 pm

hey...that it could b very well.....lol maybe I outta talk to some baseball catchers I know......lol
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 1:21 pm

is the a Simplicity frame in the back ground of that one pic
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 4:06 pm

Thats a nice looking Wheel Horse RJ-58.
Built in 1958 & in the 4HP range.
The snowblade looks like something off a walk behind tractor though.
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 4:31 pm

yes...Jared...ir is a front deck simple machine...the deck was missin the front swivel wheels....so I'm in porgress of mountin a 42 inch Craftsman blower to it....also changed the motor to a 15.5 Kolher from a JD mower...been workin on it today....gettin belts to work right on my modded changin I had to do......the concrete blocks r for counterbalance weight of the blower.....
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 4:33 pm

Roller.....it is a Clinton B-1290 engine.....& I was told it has 3.6 hp....yes......3 dot 6 hp....
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 1:24 am

OK guys....it's been a long time since I've been here.....but gotta try to updatin u on my progress...

have retired from work Dec of last year...my mower herd was bout 80 head then....yup....that's 80 ridin mowers ....got some of them just for usuable parts stil left in them... anyway....have disassembled bout 40 of them at least now....stored the good parts & engines.... rest went for salvage metal... so far this year have sold 12,000 pounds of processed light iron to the scrap yard...& to that u can add a ton of aluminum from engines & tranaxles....etc

I now have 2 complete & running JD 100 round fendered mowers... one of them was bought by a grandapa who passed it down to son & then to the grandson....makin me the 4th owner.. it is in real good condition.( can see my image in paint on hood)... have a snowblower for this one too..it also has the cute chrome baby moon's on the wheels..the other 100 that is runnin has 'AG' tires on all 4's
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

ok....goWOW....look at wat I found... Fullse11nna try the pic again...hope it works...
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 1:48 am

I do have a third JD 100 I'm workin on..it is almost complete....have a engine to replace the bad on & need to find the side shields for it...

Also added 2 more lil older Wheel Horses to my collection....pics as follows

WOW....look at wat I found... Fullse12

the above one is a 1964.....model 854...tractor is all I have so far...the one below is a 1964 Wheel Horse too...a Lawn ranger
have a snow blade & deck for this one....all complete ...will try repainting this one & new decals

WOW....look at wat I found... Fullse13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW....look at wat I found...   WOW....look at wat I found... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW....look at wat I found...
Page 1 of 1