The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Tiller tines question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Tiller tines question Empty
PostSubject: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 7:09 pm

My Ford LGT has a PTO driven tiller. It works real well, but I noticed something about it today. On most tillers I have seen, the tines go one way and then the next one on the same shaft goes the other way. This tiller has 4 rows of tines, the middle 2 rows go back and forth.....but the outer rows, all the tines face inward.......Hope you are understanding what I am saying, so I don't have to go take a pic.......Anyways, any theories on this, Is mine correct or has someone just put it like this.......

Also...I have another set of tines from another tiller.......If I was to double up some of these on my tiller, thus making more chopping action, would this be hard on my machine?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 9:21 pm

I wouldnt add more tines, probly just break something. If it does a good job tilling the way it is now, id just let the tines be the way they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 9:46 pm

I'd have to agree with John. I think it might be hard on the tillers gear box. As for the tines, if it aint broke dont fix it.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 12:30 am

sorry poncho I haven't used to many tillers mounted on tractors KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:03 am

Thanks guys......I wont change anything as it works good....Just seemed strange having the tines going the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiller tines question   Tiller tines question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiller tines question
Page 1 of 1