The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Share | 

HELLO ALL!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skip

PostSubject: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

hello guys..my name is skip. i have just bought a moto mower with mower deck and dozer blade and was looking for info on it and found this kool site. Smile so i joined and am hoping to find some friends with the same intrest in lawn tractors as i have.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum skip. Theirs a few guys with motomowers on here.
Back to top Go down
skip

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 9:57 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
Welcome to the forum skip. Theirs a few guys with motomowers on here.
thanks John.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm

Welcome aboard skip some real friendly people here sorry I don't have any moto mowers but one of the guys will surely be able to help you out.

Larry
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:13 pm

Don't worry, Evan or Motomow will be on to post sometime, they have working motomowers, I have parts of leftover motomowers LOL. Welcome to the forum. cheers
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:53 pm

Hi Skip, welcome to the forum. Glad to see someone else who has a Moto-Mower. More and more of these seem to keep turning up. Yours looks like a model 6000 I believe, probably circa 1965 or so. You'll have to get us a few more pics of it. Here's a couple pics of my 6024 and 6025.

Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:10 pm

I feel bad for the Case, I hate seeing it sit there half exposed to most elements, including rust.... No
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:13 pm

Also, get that sickle bar mower indoors, it is one of the three I had that seems to work decent, the wobble bearing still wobbles nice and smooth. Do not let that thing get ruined, sitting in the dirt will cause the teeth to rust up and it is a pita to get them all freed up, and that wobble bearing, at least dump some oil on it.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:38 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
I feel bad for the Case, I hate seeing it sit there half exposed to most elements, including rust.... No

Well, I'm still hoping to get it restored sometime. Don't worry, I'll cover it and put it up on blocks for winter. I did take it for a nice joy ride last weekend down the road to one of the neighbor's house, it may smoke some but it is reliable. lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:38 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Also, get that sickle bar mower indoors, it is one of the three I had that seems to work decent, the wobble bearing still wobbles nice and smooth. Do not let that thing get ruined, sitting in the dirt will cause the teeth to rust up and it is a pita to get them all freed up, and that wobble bearing, at least dump some oil on it.

That's the parts sickle bar you see in the pics there. The good one is still on the tractor, but I'll take it off before winter and put it inside.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:47 pm

Welcome Skip.......You came to the right place
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:22 pm

hey skip nice to see ya,been pretty busy myself lately but i'll be on a whole lot when winter sets in,should be no problem for us to help ya with your motomower,don't see to many like the one you have,their is definitly more motomower owners in here than i'd say anywhere else but we love all brands so whatever you have it's cool in here,again welcome Smile KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
wvbuzzmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 4:07 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
wvbuzzmaster wrote:

That's the parts sickle bar you see in the pics there. The good one is still on the tractor, but I'll take it off before winter and put it inside.

Oh, I forgot I gave you a parts sickle, now I know why it is off the tractor. lol!
Back to top Go down
skip

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 5:42 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
Hi Skip, welcome to the forum. Glad to see someone else who has a Moto-Mower. More and more of these seem to keep turning up. Yours looks like a model 6000 I believe, probably circa 1965 or so. You'll have to get us a few more pics of it. Here's a couple pics of my 6024 and 6025.

thanks Evan....and you are right it is a 6000 but i'm not sure of the year yet.
Back to top Go down
skip

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 5:54 pm

Motomow wrote:
hey skip nice to see ya,been pretty busy myself lately but i'll be on a whole lot when winter sets in,should be no problem for us to help ya with your motomower,don't see to many like the one you have,their is definitly more motomower owners in here than i'd say anywhere else but we love all brands so whatever you have it's cool in here,again welcome Smile KW

thanks KW and all whom has welcomed me. this place is great!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 10:35 pm

Howdy Skip. You have come to the right place for Moto-Mowers and just about everything else.
I'm one of the few poor unfortunate ones that aint got a Moto-Mower. Not for a lack of lookin.
I think I live outside the Moto-Mower realm.
Any way these guy's are alot of help so ask away. Just be careful. One of these guys just got me in trouble with the boss lady cause he turned me on to a diesel for my Cub. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Back to top Go down
skip

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:20 pm

JD wrote:
Howdy Skip. You have come to the right place for Moto-Mowers and just about everything else.
I'm one of the few poor unfortunate ones that aint got a Moto-Mower. Not for a lack of lookin.
Any way these guy's are alot of help so ask away. Just be careful. One of these guys just got me in trouble with the boss lady cause he turned me on to a diesel for my Cub. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

LOL thanks for the info. i will be sure to watch for that!

Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 12:28 am

JD wrote:

Only Motomowers I could get my hands on were leftovers from Evan's Motomower repairs, and he's already hitting me up for parts. lol!

The question in my mind is will two Motomower halves make a whole one??? I don't think it will untill I rebuild a steering column, supply my own wheels and tires, and slap my own engine on it.... And that's if I can get the tranny out of whatever gear(s) it's stuck in...
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Thu 01 Oct 2009, 10:38 pm

Skip, I know I told you I thought your tractor was circa 1965 or in my earlier post. Upon closer inspection of my Moto-Mower service manual, it appears that the 6000 started production in 1963. When it ceased production I'm not sure. Do you have the serial # of the tractor? Also, do you know if it has the original engine?
Back to top Go down
skip

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   Fri 02 Oct 2009, 6:44 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
Skip, I know I told you I thought your tractor was circa 1965 or in my earlier post. Upon closer inspection of my Moto-Mower service manual, it appears that the 6000 started production in 1963. When it ceased production I'm not sure. Do you have the serial # of the tractor? Also, do you know if it has the original engine?

Evan the serial # is B10925 and the person i bought it from said he had replaced the motor because the orignal was smoking realy bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL!   

Back to top Go down

HELLO ALL!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: Introductions-
Jump to: