The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Empty
PostSubject: anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???   anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 10:56 am

Hey Guys,

My neighbor asked if I could look at his craftsman he said it was blowing white smoke and leaking oil like crazy.I get it home and the engine was completly full of gas!!.I mean it was so full that when I went to drain it ,it splattered on me and burnt me because it ran out like water!.I changed the oil and put a shutoff on it,I 've cut 2 yards and so far it is staying full (just oil) with no problems.I'm turning the gas off when I put it up.It has the newer kohler with the electric shutoff under the fuel bowl to keep it from backfiring.The only thing I can think of is this part is sticking open and letting gas fill up the engine when it is not running.Anyone have any idea's other than mine?.If I was a crook I could have taken advantage of him real easy,he was ready to write it off and give it to me.I just can't do that,i've always believed if you take advantage of someone it always comes back to bite you.It's only a few years old hydro drive a really decent mower.If anyone has a better idea than the shutoff deal I did I would appreciate some input. KW

anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Dscf1310

Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
simple_one57

simple_one57

PostSubject: Re: anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???   anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:25 pm

I think your right,I have seen those stick up.might pull the bowl off and make sure the float and needle valve look good also.if it sat over the winter with fuel in it it could be gummed up,or if he uses any fuel treatment on it the seals could be damaged.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???   anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:55 pm

I removed the plunger from my electric shut off, (it wouldnt open) the carb float holds just fine. I have never had a backfire. I usually always put a shutoff on my older mowers, cause I dont trust the float. leaking float can cause severe engine wear and damage.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???   anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 12:55 am

I really do hate those stupid electric shutoff's but I have unhooked some and man they backfire bad.I let him take it.I told him to watch the oil and shut the gas off when he's done.I told him to let me know if it gains oil on the dipstick LOL,he said he never did fiogure out how it gained oil and never used any LOL. KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???   anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone seen this proiblem in a newer mower???
Page 1 of 1